Tilly And Crumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivitree

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been a heart breaking couple of weeks,

Tilly, my little sideways pig passed away on the 10th of April, I made silly mistakes, I don't know if they were entirely responsible for her death or if I had acted fast enough I could have saved her, but she was always a bit of an unwell guinea pig, she could never get her weight up particularly high and was on antibiotics to keep an ear infection under control all her life. She was about 5 years old and very close to my heart. I adopted her and her companion Tabby from my sister when she didn't have enough time to give them the love they needed due to becoming a mum. They were the first guinea pigs I had when I left home and she left big paw prints on my heart, such a big character despite her world always being a little more sideways than it should have been.
We buried her in my parents wonderful garden a long side all the guinea pigs my family have owned over the years. Rest well little side ways pig you will be missed by all of the family and many of our friends.

I had to move on for the sake of Tabby and find her a new companion, so I got Crumble from a rescue, beautiful Rex, as soon as we got her home I realised there was much wrong, she had noisy breathing, running lice and a small appetite, I treated the lice but a week later only yesterday on the 27th, we had to put her to sleep, the unusual respiration and poor eating likely being a heart issue or tumours, the vets could do nothing more for her. Despite only knowing her a week, I fell in love with the little Rex, I only hope the week of cuddles, relaxing and one to one care was more comfortable than it would have been at the rescue.
She was buried next to Tilly, I'm glad I knew her even if it was just for a short time. R.I.P fuzzy piggy. Such a cuddly and gentle creature.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What beautiful pigs and such sad stories.

I'm sorry you lost them both. RIP Tilly and Crumble x x Say hello to my Matthew and hopefully all three of you find your way to the world of piggies in heaven.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful piggies, to lose two so close together is heartbreaking. Massive hugs to you. Please do not beat yourself up sometimes there is nothing we can do to help them. x

Sleep well beauties

RIP Tilly & Crumble
x x

Status
Not open for further replies.