• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tilly update!

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Tilly is going to need your thoughts again tomorrow! She doesn’t do anything by halves, bless her. The good news is the eye socket is looking really good, with very little discharge of pus. However, I noticed a swelling on her jaw, this morning and although I tried to tell myself that it was pus draining downwards from the eye socket, I knew this wasn’t the case. Simon confirmed my fears and it’s another abscess. Tilly will need further surgery tomorrow to marsupialise the abscess. Hopefully this will ensure her continued recovery! Any donations towards Tilly’s surgery, would be very appreciated and can be made either via the donate button on the Facebook page, by bank transfer to our TEAS bank account, or directly to our vet account, by calling 01604 478888 (please state it’s for Tilly). This little lady has such a zest for life and a determination to get better, that we can’t give up on her, as she’s come this far and has already made huge progress! ❤

Oh, dear! Poor Tilly! :(

Fingers VERY firmly crossed for Tilly!

Oh no, poor little Tilly :( Hope it all goes well and she’s feeling better again soon x

I watched her facebook video on my wifes account yesterday, she loved Tilly and i was saying how full of life she looked, running through that black tunnel👍

Best of wishes for her next op x

Good luck Tilley!
Hope it all goes well at the vets, here's wishes for a full & speedy recovery coming your way :hug:
Xx

I dropped Tilly and Flossie to the vets just before midday. I am now back on pacing duty! Two GA's in 4 days is worrying, but we had no choice but to get this additional abscess marsupialised. If only it had reared it's ugly head a few days sooner, it could've been dealt with at the same time as the enucleation surgery, but then maybe it would've all been too much for her. I like to think things happen for a reason. I will ring the practice around 3 pm to see how she is.

I dropped Tilly and Flossie to the vets just before midday. I am now back on pacing duty! Two GA's in 4 days is worrying, but we had no choice but to get this additional abscess marsupialised. If only it had reared it's ugly head a few days sooner, it could've been dealt with at the same time as the enucleation surgery, but then maybe it would've all been too much for her. I like to think things happen for a reason. I will ring the practice around 3 pm to see how she is.
This has been on my mind, i hope she does well and then thats the end of the vets for her. x

This has been on my mind, i hope she does well and then thats the end of the vets for her. X

Thanks for thinking of her. I just hope it is all up and up from now on. I feel sure she will still need regular dental work, but I am feeling more hopeful that she will be able to lead a normal life, if we can get all of this sorted.

Thanks for thinking of her. I just hope it is all up and up from now on. I feel sure she will still need regular dental work, but I am feeling more hopeful that she will be able to lead a normal life, if we can get all of this sorted.
I'm upping my donation. I can do more than what i am doing to be fair. Hopefully she gets cured . You never know

Same here, thinking of her when looking at my Pedro, what a tough time for her and very similar issues! Really hope this is the end of it for her now the gorgeous girl! She’s definitely a little fighter! Xx

I'm upping my donation. I can do more than what i am doing to be fair. Hopefully she gets cured . You never know
Aww thank you! The poor little thing must've been in so much pain, for such a long time, but hopefully now this will all be a thing of the past and she can start to enjoy food again.

Was she neglected? Or just given up on good terms?
She was far from neglected. Her owner was getting GA dentals for her every month, but sadly she was making no progress. She then contacted us at TEAS to see if we could help and if she could come as a temporary resident. However, just a couple of weeks ago, we took her on as a permanent resident, due to the nature of her dental issue, which meant she was going no more than 10 - 14 days between dentals. However, this may all change now that the abscesses have erupted and hopefully she will start to make some significant progress.

She was far from neglected. Her owner was getting GA dentals for her every month, but sadly she was making no progress. She then contacted us at TEAS to see if we could help and if she could come as a temporary resident. However, just a couple of weeks ago, we took her on as a permanent resident, due to the nature of her dental issue, which meant she was going no more than 10 - 14 days between dentals. However, this may all change now that the abscesses have erupted and hopefully she will start to make some significant progress.
If she cures , will she go back? I know you said permanent. Bit you dont think there is a big chance for a cure do you

Back