• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tilly's eye

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Tilly recently became a permanent TEAS resident, after her owner made the very brave and selfless decision to sign her and her friend Flossy over to us, so Tilly could get the very intense treatment she needs for her severe dental issues. Tilly seemed a little quiet last night but this morning was more active than she’s been since arriving here. The reason soon became evident. Tilly’s left eye is bulging significantly and she’s clearly got a retrobulbar abscess. No doubt she’s feeling better now that it’s burst out and the pressure is reduced. There was no sign of it last night!
Tilly will need an emergency vet appointment, with Simon or Kim, in the morning. In the meantime she’s got eyedrops and antibiotics.

Sending massive healing vibes to little Tilly. Fingers crossed she will soon be feeling better under yours and Simon's expert care. It's wonderful that her owner's cared enough to let her live her life with you and your brilliant team.x

Massive healing vibes to beautiful Tilly being sent from me and Pedro, the Pirate Prince of troublesome eyes and abscesses :) xx
Definitely in the best hands with you and Cat and Rabbit! x

Tilly recently became a permanent TEAS resident, after her owner made the very brave and selfless decision to sign her and her friend Flossy over to us, so Tilly could get the very intense treatment she needs for her severe dental issues. Tilly seemed a little quiet last night but this morning was more active than she’s been since arriving here. The reason soon became evident. Tilly’s left eye is bulging significantly and she’s clearly got a retrobulbar abscess. No doubt she’s feeling better now that it’s burst out and the pressure is reduced. There was no sign of it last night!
Tilly will need an emergency vet appointment, with Simon or Kim, in the morning. In the meantime she’s got eyedrops and antibiotics.

Poor Tilly!

Fingers very firmly crossed for her! The things always seem to happen on a weekend or when your vet is on holiday in my experience... :(

Oh poor Tilly! Hope she will be ok. Sending healing vibes.💕

Poor Tilly!

Fingers very firmly crossed for her! The things always seem to happen on a weekend or when your vet is on holiday in my experience... :(
Too true. Casper got sick just as the cat and rabbit clinic was closing on friday

Sending lots of hugs to little Tilly. She and Flossy will get the best care possible with you. Let us know how the vet visit goes tmrw!

Poor little love.... wishing her a speedy recovery x

UPDATE

Tilly was seen by auntie Kim this morning. Kim said it wouldn't be wrong to let her go, bearing in mind all her other issues, but agreed that she was very bright and perky and said she was also wiling to support us, if we wanted to try surgery. Therefore, Tilly is booked in for enucleation surgery tomorrow. This surgery will be risky and we could lose her, but I feel she deserves a chance. We may still need to make a decision, if she doesn't recover quickly and have good life quality, but I feel we have nothing to lose by trying. It may well be that Tilly will have a much better life quality after the op, but only time will tell.
We have a very strict ethos here at TEAS, which is 'to extend good quality life, but never to prolong suffering'. I feel that by going ahead with this surgery, we are giving the chance to extend good quality life, but at all times we will be ensuring that Tilly has a life worth living.
Please keep her in your thoughts and I will update tomorrow, after she's had the surgery.

UPDATE

Tilly was seen by auntie Kim this morning. Kim said it wouldn't be wrong to let her go, bearing in mind all her other issues, but agreed that she was very bright and perky and said she was also wiling to support us, if we wanted to try surgery. Therefore, Tilly is booked in for enucleation surgery tomorrow. This surgery will be risky and we could lose her, but I feel she deserves a chance. We may still need to make a decision, if she doesn't recover quickly and have good life quality, but I feel we have nothing to lose by trying. It may well be that Tilly will have a much better life quality after the op, but only time will tell.
We have a very strict ethos here at TEAS, which is 'to extend good quality life, but never to prolong suffering'. I feel that by going ahead with this surgery, we are giving the chance to extend good quality life, but at all times we will be ensuring that Tilly has a life worth living.
Please keep her in your thoughts and I will update tomorrow, after she's had the surgery.
She has my prayers right now 🤞. Good luck Tilly ! x

Back