• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tilly's eye

Well what can I say? Dreams do come true! Never in a million years did I expect a result like this. Tilly has been unable to eat anything, other than mush, for a very long time. Despite having regular treatment from another vet, she never made any progress. She came to TEAS at the end of April and after Simon filed her teeth she could manage a little grass, but she was still completely reliant on mushed food. She has since been having two weekly dentals, but there has been no further improvement. When I saw what had happened to her eye, my heart sank, but she seemed brighter in herself. She must've been experiencing extreme pressure and pain, and with the abscess bursting out through her eye, that pressure would've reduced. Now the eye has been removed and all the pus has been flushed out, she is clearly feeling very much better. Her jaw was barely moving, prior to the enucleation surgery, but as soon as the eye was removed and the socket flushed, the jaw was able to move more normally. Tilly may have lost an eye, but she has gained so much more! It's early days, but I am feeling so much more hopeful and I am so glad that I let my heart rule my head, as I did wonder if I was going to cause more suffering by going ahead with the surgery and maybe we should have let her go.
Well done!. I am very happy that things are going well. Hope she carrys on getting better. And it feels really good to be donating to your rescue

Brilliant news! Go Tilly :love: :love: Hope she feels massively better now and recovers well xx

Havnt been gettinf updates on this thread. And i have recently messaged. Hmmmm🤔

:yahoo::bronco::clap::D:nod:
So glad to hear she's doing well.
Come on Tilley keep it up :)

Lots of love and healing vibes being sent your way xx

Havnt been gettinf updates on this thread. And i have recently messaged. Hmmmm🤔

Messaged on the forum? It was a super hectic day for Debbie yesterday so she won't have been able to respond. I spoke to here briefly yesterday and the weather had been causing a lot of issues on the roads so her day was very very long.

Messaged on the forum? It was a super hectic day for Debbie yesterday so she won't have been able to respond. I spoke to here briefly yesterday and the weather had been causing a lot of issues on the roads so her day was very very long.
No, i mean havnt been getting any notifications from new messages from anyone. I dont mean debbie updating . I would not expect that haha

Tilly is bright and gaining confidence with eating. She hasn’t been able to eat normally for over a year! I’m currently out for the next few hours, on my petsitting round, but once I’m home, I’ll be giving the eye socket a good flushing.

This time yesterday I wasn’t sure if I’d be bringing her home and certainly wasn’t expecting a result like this!

Tilly is bright and gaining confidence with eating. She hasn’t been able to eat normally for over a year! I’m currently out for the next few hours, on my petsitting round, but once I’m home, I’ll be giving the eye socket a good flushing.

This time yesterday I wasn’t sure if I’d be bringing her home and certainly wasn’t expecting a result like this!
Thats brilliant. A almost fixed pig, less work for you( mayeb?)and simon with another good op. I reckon he must be getting better and better with your patients coming in alot. Which is good for us taking our pigs in the future

Thats brilliant. A almost fixed pig, less work for you, and simon with another good op. I reckon he must be gettinf better and better with your patients coming in alot
Simon is amazing! He’s certainly our supervet!

@furryfriends (TEAS) . I wont go on too much. But i have been meaning to say. You know cat and rabbits emergency out of hours vet is not good right. Well i think they could do with using Abington vets. Literally 5 mins round the corner. Open 24/7

I had to go the other night. And honestly i have never felt more comfortable with putting an animal to sleep. They didnt just give up, they tried to save Casper. They have had their faults in the past. But they have saved my old boar from pneumonia and really bad bloat in the past also

@furryfriends (TEAS) . I wont go on too much. But i have been meaning to say. You know cat and rabbits emergency out of hours vet is not good right. Well i think they could do with using Abington vets. Literally 5 mins round the corner. Open 24/7

I had to go the other night. And honestly i have never felt more comfortable with putting an animal to sleep. They didnt just give up, they tried to save Casper. They have had their faults in the past. But they have saved my old boar from pneumonia and really bad bloat in the past also
I agree and will always go to Abington Park for any OOH appointment needed. I was very impressed when I went there about 6 weeks ago.

yay I am please to hear that Tilly is feeling much brighter. So pleased that the surgery was a success.

Hope she continues to make progress. You really do work wonders with the piggies.

Brilliant news! So delighted to hear that Tilly is doing well, long may it continue.
Well done for going with your heart and giving her a chance. With you and Simon watching over her fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and a long happy life.x

Back