• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Timothy Hay With Carrot And Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bought some Timothy hay with carrot and apple in and when I got home I noticed it said suitable for rabbits?! She's had this hay before but its the first time I've noticed the rabbit bit. I cant see that it would be a massive problem. Someone said about carrot and dried apple might be a problem? But I'm sure there's dried carrot and apple in toys specifically for Guinea pigs I've bought before.

Anyway, I don't really wanna waste it and like I said she's had it before. I just wanna make sure its not gunna like.. Kill her? Haha. If anything I'll mix it will some normal hay so she's not getting loads of it?

My 2 have had this. And they loved it. There isn't actually that much carrot and apple in it. I used it as a topping to their normal hay.

My 2 have had this. And they loved it. There isn't actually that much carrot and apple in it. I used it as a topping to their normal hay.

Ah brilliant! That makes me feel a lot better! Thats what I'm going to do! Hay topping. Thank you! :D

I think there is only about 1% Apple and carrot in it. Just makes a nice chsnge from normal hay for them x

Reactions: A&T
I may have to buy some of this as a treat for the ladies now we know it's alright :)

I think there is only about 1% Apple and carrot in it. Just makes a nice chsnge from normal hay for them x

Ah thats good then! Phew! Thank you! Looks like Ambers gunna have some nommy new hay tonight then! :)

Vitakraft do a selection of small bags of hay (500 g) with various added ingredients, such as dandelion, nettle and peppermint. The bags are £3.99 on Amazon, and you can get some of them in packs of six for about £35. My piggies have had them before and they love it, it is very nice quality hay. Mix it with the normal, or on its own as a healthy treat.
Search for Vitakraft Verde hay. If they did bigger bags, I would buy it more often.

I noticed this once on another type of hay. I wasn't sure about it so I didn't use it.

I use the carrot and apple hay in the hay racks and put piles of meadow hay on the floor of the cage so they have a choice. I only bought it originally as I like them to have some timothy hay for their teeth and it looked nice and green.

Vitakraft do a selection of small bags of hay (500 g) with various added ingredients, such as dandelion, nettle and peppermint. The bags are £3.99 on Amazon, and you can get some of them in packs of six for about £35. My piggies have had them before and they love it, it is very nice quality hay. Mix it with the normal, or on its own as a healthy treat.
Search for Vitakraft Verde hay. If they did bigger bags, I would buy it more often.

Ohh thanks! I think I might have to have a look at this. Six packs for £35 sounds pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back