• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Timothy Hay with Marigold and Dandelion..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I searched for ages in local petshops for Timothy Hay, because I didnt want to order online really...

Now I found one that has it, but it is with Marigold and Dandelion.

Now, Dandelion is quite high in Calcium, and is only meant to be given as a treat really, because of the danger of bladderstones.
However, Hay being available at all times, wouldnt this make that bad hay? Hay that is actually a health risk? Considering that it would mean my piggies would get Dandelion on a daily basis?

Also, on the pack it says there is Dandelion in there because its good for a healthy urinary tract - how does that make sense if it can actually cause Bladderstones?

I am in two minds about buying this hay, as it is quite expensive, and I dont want to spend four pound on something that might turn out to be rubbish... :-\

My lot have had this and they quite liked it - too expensive for everyday use though!

www.planetguinea.co.uk/index_files/Page829.htm

:)... has a selection of hays Alpine Hay is £4.40 including p+p (400g). Its a very soft fine european meadow hay and the guineas love it. A bag of 2nd Cut (leafy) Tim hay is £8.49 inc p+p.

The properties of Dandelion change when it's dried so will not be as potent.

If you're in the Reading area we order in monthly and you can come and collect and we'll share the cost of postage.

starshine said:
My lot have had this and they quite liked it - too expensive for everyday use though!

I agree! although i give timothy hay with meadow hay everyday and readigrass so I just think my boys thought their luck was in - again!

Mine like this also .... I don't think there's enough of the herby things in to actually cause any damage.

my OH bought me some of this by accident when i ran out of normal hay the other week, my lot thought they were in heavan ! 41 piggies 25 buns & 6 chinchillas , little buggers looked most unempressed when i gave them normal meadow hay ! ;D cost me £25 toooo :o but ive keept a couple bags for treats :D

OMG! ? I couldn't buy it if I still had that many pets! Couldn't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back