• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tin had Malinant tumor removal and is loosing weight!

jaisshuti

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have two sweetest guinea pigs- Tim and Tin. They are almost 3 years now. Tin had a mammary tumor removal recently. We got the tumor tested and its is positive for malignant tumour- Tubulo-Papillary carcinoma. The vet says that he is fine and he has prescribed Syrup Ocoxin (0.1ml) daily for next 30 days to him.

Tin weighed around 1035gms before surgery and now after 10 days of surgery he is 820 gms. Has lost quite some weight and is eating lesser now.

I am trying to be positive but has anyone faced this situation before? How long do they survive in such a case? What can I do? Really scared and looking for any suggestions/help.

So sorry that you are in this situation.
I’m not a health expert but have you been back to the vet with your concern ?
Does he have pain killers ?
Are you syringe feeding him ?

Holding you in my heart at this anxious time ♥️

I’m so sorry for poor Tin. I would contact your vet and discuss the weight loss.

Weigh every day at the same time and record his weight
I agree is he receiving adequate pain killers, something like metacam/meloxaide?
If he is not eating well then step in with support syringe feeding soaked mushed pellets or Critical Care if you can get it

My Bill had a mammary tumour removed and he recovered well with no weight loss. Step in with syringing mushed pellets if he isn’t eating well . Good luck 🤞

A health expert may come on soon with more suggestions

An upddate-
Tin went to the vet yesterday. Tin had chewed on his stitch. So there was some infection and he had to be re-stitched again. He is on some antibiotic too now. He has a head cone on now. Removing and feeding him in every two hours. Feeding him a little through syringe too. Gonna visit the vet again tomoroow.

Weight is now 800gms.

I am very sorry that Tin is losing weight. I currently have a piggy who has lost a similar amount of weight as Tin so I can sympathise. I was syringe feeding her every two hours although she’s eating more for herself now so I’ve been able to reduce her syringe feedings but it’s very stressful and exhausting 😞

Is Tin in a good pain killer? If not, I would speak with your vet about this

An upddate-
Tin went to the vet yesterday. Tin had chewed on his stitch. So there was some infection and he had to be re-stitched again. He is on some antibiotic too now. He has a head cone on now. Removing and feeding him in every two hours. Feeding him a little through syringe too. Gonna visit the vet again tomoroow.

Weight is now 800gms.
Thanks for the update.
Hope you’re bearing up - it’s exhausting caring for a sick piggy

Back