• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • FORUM DONATIONS OPEN The forum relies on your help to continue running, if you would like to help keep the forum running then you can find out about donating here

Tiny Bald patch at the end of ear

Reaction score
Hi, I got my piggies 2 days ago. After briefly seeing one of my piggies explore his cage, I noticed a very tiny bald patch at the end tip of his ear. It was very small and seems to be absolutely fine. Its their normal skin colour and doesn't seem to irritate them, it's not red or flaky. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if its something to worry about. Thanks

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Reaction score

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
When fully settled in, I'm sure we will take them to the vet
if you have a concern about them, they will need to be taken sooner than when fully settled in (given that can take months), a potential skin condition would need to be seen sooner rather than later and definitely if the area of concern gets bigger.

Reaction score
if you have a concern about them, they will need to be taken sooner than when fully settled in (given that can take months), a potential skin condition would need to be seen sooner rather than later and definitely if the area of concern gets bigger.
I'm pretty sure that its nothing to worry about. It seems to just be something he was born with. I checked other chains talking about other illnesses, I never saw something similar. Will check anyway

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that its nothing to worry about. It seems to just be something he was born with. I checked other chains talking about other illnesses, I never saw something similar. Will check anyway
if you want to pop a picture on then we can take a look but from the written word it is impossible for us to gauge - it could be anything from an innocent area missing fur to the start of a fungal infection

Reaction score
if you want to pop a picture on then we can take a look but from the written word it is impossible for us to gauge - it could be anything from an innocent area missing fur to the start of a fungal infection
when possible i will. It may take a while as theyre new and scared!

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I would book them in for a general check with the vet in a weeks’ time nonetheless.

stef.trg

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Does the bald patch you‘ve spotted look anything like this? That’s the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned bald batch and ear :)

EB1D68F6-D7AD-47B8-8DD7-D2C6C94E5C3F.jpeg

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Does the bald patch you‘ve spotted look anything like this? That’s the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned bald batch and ear :)

View attachment 159538
OP said ‘end tip of the ear’ so I assume the other end of the ear, but yes @guineapiggies123 - all piggies have a bald patch on their neck/head, behind their ears.