• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

To my sweet little Alphonse

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our little star Alphonse closed his eyes yesterday and went across the rainbow bridge, to join so many other wonderful guineas. We miss him dearly, but we will never forget him.

In Memory of Alphonse, who slipped away suddenly on 18th January 2011.
Sweet dreams little man. Run free and pop-corn in peace.

I watched you close your eyes,
I felt you slip away,
Although you meant the world to me,
I couldn’t make you stay.
Someone saw you getting tired,
A cure, not meant to be,
They lifted you up in their arms,
They whispered “Come with me.â€
Although you departed from this life,
Your memories won’t fade away,
You took a piece of us with you,
When you left today.
Goodbye my sweet companion,
It’s time for you to run free,
But always I’ll remember you,
And the joy you gave to me.
I will be forever grateful,
To have had you in my life,
But for now my little darling,
It’s time to close your eyes.
To rid yourself of pain and fear,
Remember how we loved you dear.
Sleep with the angels, sweet one,
It’s time to rest your head.
Dream only of the nicest things,
As we lay you in your bed.
Look down from us from time to time,
Remember how you made us smile,
Even though we now feel sad,
We’ll always be your Mum and Dad.

Aww, that poem is so sweet! It really touched me.

I'm sorry you lost your boy :(

RIP Alfonse :rose, popcorn free at the bridge.

bless, thank you both. he was much loved, but I think of him happily running free at the bridge, nibbling on everything he sees, xx

168918_481527215926_647985926_6296901_715766_n.jpg

Last edited:
thats all you can do sweet xxxxxx

ps. I'm really sorry, as much as i am dying to i can not read the poems as they just make me sob and I'm sad at the moment anyway

did he go naturally in the end, I'm sorry i have read and re read your post but i was confused.

So young bless him :(

We had to have him put to sleep in the end, the poor thing was just lay there crying in pain, I stayed with him till the end. Walking away without him was the hardest thing I ever had to do and I must have cried for so long afterwards.

We adopted 2 new pups today and they have really helped us, Patch included who really misses him

He was a lovely piggy, I'm so sorry he lost his fight. Sweet dreams brave boy. I love the poem.

We had to have him put to sleep in the end, the poor thing was just lay there crying in pain, I stayed with him till the end. Walking away without him was the hardest thing I ever had to do and I must have cried for so long afterwards.

We adopted 2 new pups today and they have really helped us, Patch included who really misses him

aww but at least you know you did the right thing for your baby when he needed you to, that takes a lot of love and courage, well done.

Congrats on the new ones, will look out for pics x

He was a lovely piggy, I'm so sorry he lost his fight. Sweet dreams brave boy. I love the poem.

He was so sweet, always up for cuddles or pestering us for more food, I just thank everyone here for the support and comfort

it really helps a lot doesnt it, even just speaking to like minded people, i lost two boys last summer and i really struggled with it, unfortunately it was prior to me finding this forum.

Sleep tight little man xx
And a Big Hug for you xx

Sleep tight little man xx
And a Big Hug for you xx

Thanks Sammy :) I hope he finds his favourite carrots, strawberries and sprouts over at the bridge, as well as so many friends to keep him company xx

I am sure he will (they get special treats once they go over the bridge x)...I hope he can find my georgie...well if he's into the older lady that is....I know it hurts (I only lost georgie on saturday night) but in time ...it does get better, I was lucky with georgie another week and she would have been 9, it is so much harder when they are so young, he wont be alone xx

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your special little one.
RIP precious Alphonse.
Run free x

It's been 2 days now since we had to say goodbye, hope your being a good boy Fonzie-piggie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back