• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Today is a day for making...a pyramid bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:)) Finally! I have (almost) completed the pyramid bed for the boys, I just need to sew the bottom square to the top triangle part :)

And tada! Here's my handiwork, took two days to make inbetween uni and piggie-ness all hand sewn (still wanting that sewing machine! teehee!)

cuddlecup.jpg

Thank you all to your helpful suggestions on possible pyramid patterns and suggestions, I've now cut out my home made patterns and kept them for future reference...Hope you like! :)

WOW! Looks really great and well done for making it all yourself :) Your piggies will LOVE it :)

Aww thankies! :) I know Artie loves anything warm and fleecey whereas Harveys too 'boarly' to be seen cuddling into such things :P

Well done thats gorgeous...i would'nt know where to start!:red Your piggies are very lucky and I'm sure will be very grateful:)

Wow how did you make that? If you just want a sewing machine for little thing's like that then i got one for £15 from aldi but dunelm mill (who also do cheap plain fleece) and argos sell cheap machine's it only does one stitch but i managed to make lots of stuff with it, tunnel's, snuggle sacks hanging tent and i even made three cage liner's with it well 4 but the first was really bad lol the last two are fitted

Wow how did you make that? If you just want a sewing machine for little thing's like that then i got one for £15 from aldi but dunelm mill (who also do cheap plain fleece) and argos sell cheap machine's it only does one stitch but i managed to make lots of stuff with it, tunnel's, snuggle sacks hanging tent and i even made three cage liner's with it well 4 but the first was really bad lol the last two are fitted

oOoo thank you, :)) :)) I'm hoping to pop into argos at some point to get that twenty something pound one! It'd be such a time saver and save my poor fingers too, thank you. and i made this by making up my own pattern using a triangle pyramid paper pattern as a reference guide (worked very well i'd say :) )

oOoo thank you, :)) :)) I'm hoping to pop into argos at some point to get that twenty something pound one! It'd be such a time saver and save my poor fingers too, thank you. and i made this by making up my own pattern using a triangle pyramid paper pattern as a reference guide (worked very well i'd say :) )

Don't get the mini one from argos it's the same one i got but £10 less in dunelm mill and aldi (if they have any left) I don't know about the easy stitch one but the one i got is really easy to use could do with being heavier but otherwise it's great!

:)) Finally! I have (almost) completed the pyramid bed for the boys, I just need to sew the bottom square to the top triangle part :)

And tada! Here's my handiwork, took two days to make inbetween uni and piggie-ness all hand sewn (still wanting that sewing machine! teehee!)

cuddlecup.jpg

Thank you all to your helpful suggestions on possible pyramid patterns and suggestions, I've now cut out my home made patterns and kept them for future reference...Hope you like! :)

can i have the instructions and dimensions for these please?:)

can i have the instructions and dimensions for these please?:)

heyoo I've got some step by step photos somewhere I'll upload them tomorrow for you :)

But its quite simple, first of all:

1) The base: 32 cm x 32cm - square x two fabrics of your choice (inner and outer fabric) and 32x32 cm - square of lining.

2) The triangle: 32 cm across the bottom, and from base to tip 28.5 cm, and 32cm for the sides. The triangle part you'll need3 x outer fabric, inner fabric and wadding.

Firstly I stiched the wadding to the inner fabric of the triangles, then stitched the inner fabric and wadding to the outer fabric of the triangle.

Leave one triangle to aside, so you can draw a opening onto paper, you could try a heart shape like i did or even a star shape, or just simple draw around a saucer for a circle, then pin the paper on the triangles (inner outer and wadding) and cut out your opening. I used a blanket stitched to secure the opening all together.

Once I had stitched all four sides I pined them together inside out then I used a blanket stitch to make sure all four sides where joined securely together.

After the top half of the pyramid was joined together i then folded it out so the outer fabric was showing.

Now I sewed the square base together and once this was complete I pined the top part (triangle) to the (square) base. I used a blanket stitch all the way around to join it all together :)

triangle.jpg

Hope this helps! :))

Don't get the mini one from argos it's the same one i got but £10 less in dunelm mill and aldi (if they have any left) I don't know about the easy stitch one but the one i got is really easy to use could do with being heavier but otherwise it's great!
Hehe! I finally got my sewing machine sorted I'm getting the 50 pounds one from dunelm mill for an early christmas box :)) Thank you for all the hlep and advice, sewing machines are so confusing!

That looks brilliant! I'm always trying to think of new things to make for the piggies and I've seen these but wasn't sure were to start to make it so it stays open and upright.
I feel a new project coming on!
How many piggies can you fit in? Is it a single or double bed?! :))

Awww thankies :)) I found it a bit difficult to get hold of pyramid patterns on the internet, so i made mine up! :) It stays upright pretty well too i think it's due to the shortness of the triangles any longer and it' wobble! :) You can fit one huge 3 month old boar in it (my Harvey is the size of a fully grown adult female!) I'd suggest doubling the sizes for two piggies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back