• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Today's piggy spa time clients/victims are...

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Blodwen and Jezzy! Both girls had bum baths then foot massages with gorgeous guineas F&M cream.
Blod has had soggy bum fur this week and her feet were looking a bit sore, Jezzy always has wee pants and we normally just do her feet, but she had some poop crusted on her foor spurs and she got straight in the piggy carrier to go upstairs so we took that to mean she wouldn't mind a quick bath20191012_144211.jpg
So she joined Blod for a quick bum and foot soak before it gets too cold!
Not sure either of them really appreciated the pampering... they look a bit cross don't they?!
20191012_144746.jpg

I love the look on their faces 😆 Nobody has ever mentioned foot baths and creaming their feet. Is it something I should be doing with the girls? I did trim their bum fur this week but used the dog clippers instead of scissors which I found easier.

I love the look on their faces 😆 Nobody has ever mentioned foot baths and creaming their feet. Is it something I should be doing with the girls? I did trim their bum fur this week but used the dog clippers instead of scissors which I found easier.
Bum baths and foot creams are usually only needed for hygiene/medical reasons! Jezzy came to us with very bad crusty feet after being kept in a hamster cage on hard flooring for 2 years and being overfed until she was obese. So we do her feet, on the vets advice. Blodwen recently had a UTI and started weeing all down her back legs and in her bum fur, she had treatment and got the all clear from the vets but is still weeing on herself and its started irritating her feet... so she has had a bum bath to clean her up and cream on her feet to protect them from the wee! Blod will be going back to the vets if she is still weeing on herself by next weekend! Both Jezzy and Blod have long fluffy bum fur and quite sensitive skin. Many short haired piggies, and piggies with good personal hygeine, can go most of their lives without a hooman having to clean them up and moisturise their feet, its not something to do routinely unless they are noticeably pee or poop covered! :)

That's good to know thanks 😊 All the girls have long fur so I know I need to keep it trimmed around their back end just every day is a learning day and didn't want to be missing out on something I should be doing for them.

Its heartbreaking hearing some of the back stories of what some of the piggies have been through ☹️

Bum baths and foot creams are usually only needed for hygiene/medical reasons! Jezzy came to us with very bad crusty feet after being kept in a hamster cage on hard flooring for 2 years and being overfed until she was obese. So we do her feet, on the vets advice. Blodwen recently had a UTI and started weeing all down her back legs and in her bum fur, she had treatment and got the all clear from the vets but is still weeing on herself and its started irritating her feet... so she has had a bum bath to clean her up and cream on her feet to protect them from the wee! Blod will be going back to the vets if she is still weeing on herself by next weekend! Both Jezzy and Blod have long fluffy bum fur and quite sensitive skin. Many short haired piggies, and piggies with good personal hygeine, can go most of their lives without a hooman having to clean them up and moisturise their feet, its not something to do routinely unless they are noticeably pee or poop covered! :)
That breaks my heart about Jezzy.. A hamster cage! 😢

Back