• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Toileting

Hannylou

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please can I have some advice with regards to the toilet area of a cage , I have a Ferplast Plaza 140.
I use the small area that can be separated as the toilet end , with the hay attached near by.
I can't get over how much they poo ! ( Lol) and am trying to find the best easy solution for it with regards to cleaning it up .

Any ideas / advice with regards to toilets etc .

Thank you

Piggies can’t be litter trained (they also pee in their sleep) so you are going to keep finding poop and pee everywhere - piggies need a lot of cleaning up after . lots of poops is good though - if means they are eating enough! however they do tend to pee mostly where they eat so if you pop hay in a tray then you can (incidentally) catch the pee, but ultimately you won’t stop them from toileting everywhere else as well.

Last edited:
It’s lovely that you want your piggies to be as clean and comfortable as possible. As you’ve discovered Piggies poop, wee poop wee and then poop some more. As Piggies&buns says it a great indicator that they are eating and useful for monitoring some aspects of their health . Try embrace it if you can. I use newspaper, wood clippings and loads of hay in the cages. I spot clean every other day and take out and replenish everything every other day. I guess for those who use fleece it’s a bit more difficult. Happy poop picking and be thankful that us humans don’t have the same bowel habits 😁

Thank you both. I guess I'll just need to keep on top of it more x

I did the same with my ferplast plaza when it's being used (it's my emergency indoor cage). The lip between the sections is quite handy for containing hay. I did tend to feed the veggies in the large part though so they would still wee and poop in there but I found the hay area got the worst of it and I would clean this bit more regularly

Back