• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tomorrow's the day for intros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day, hair cut and bath time for Bob in the morning to detangle his long locks, and a bum wash for Gerry followed by introductions!
I've got some spare C&C grids ready and the off cut of lino to set up a 2 x 4 or 5 in the middle of the lounge for the boys to meet.
They've always lived next door but since we've switched to a C&C cage they can see each other better and Bob seems to of fallen for Gerry. Bob's the only pig Gerry doesn't tell off for sticking their nose through the bars to his side. He infact lets Bob steal his food if the odd piece of hay, or even parsley(!) sticks through.
Got my fingers firmly crossed (and a towel ready!).
I really hope it works out. If it does it would be great as Bob can still chat to Spike through the bars but he won't have to put up with Hector chasing him off all the time.

It's just what to do with the rest of them!
One step at a time. :))

I've really got my hopes up that Bob can move in with Gerry and Spike with George then we find the very lively Hector a baby boar or get him neutered and a girlfriend.
I don't think Hector will cope well being on his own so it's all about the timing.
What a lot of planning to keep my boys happy. :(|)

I will keep everything crossed for their meeting tomorrow!

Hope everything goes well. I saw your pics of your boys and they are all gorgeous- here's hoping you can find a harmonious combination.

Bad news I'm afraid. Gerry just didn't take to Bob.
Bob wasn't fussed, just carried on munching on hay. Gerry looked like he was trying to snuggle up to Bob to start with but Bob just moved away.
Gerry then fluffed himself up and sat in the corner until he was ready then lunged for Bob. The towel came in handy!
Thankfully no one got hurt but I think Gerry made his feelings clear. We won't be trying that again.
I've put the trio back together on neutral territory and they've been ok. They're now back in their house and seem ok. Fingers crossed the thought of being split up for more than a day was taken as a little warning. Spike and Bob are definately not going to be spilt up, Spike sat with his nose pressed against the bars looking miserable the whole time. I've never seen two pigs so happy to see each other after I put them back together.
So we're back to square one.
The snip then girlfriends for George and Gerry and fingers crossed the trio stay friends.

Sorry to hear that things haven't gone according to plan, but glad to hear that Bob has been taken back into the trio x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back