• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Too Cool For School - Meet My New Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@guineabecs
@Flutterby

Please say hello to my new boys. I have named them Lorne and D'Hoffryn, after two of my favourite characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

They did belong to my son's primary school but there were a few issues and it was not working out so well. In particular, they were causing some red faces amongst the staff by their energetic humping of each other! The teaching staff were getting embarrassed having to explain that they were giving each other "piggy back rides" so to spare their blushes I offered to give the boys a permanent home.
Lorne is a very chilled out piggy, he seems to enjoy human interaction and actually licks me! but D'Hoffryn is bitey, twitchy and scrabbly and, I have to say, rather grumpy and anti-social ;) I cant imagine that he really enjoyed the classroom environment. The children adored them though, so I will be taking Lorne back for "pet" days, though perhaps not D'Hoffryn!

They are both being treated for lice and mites at the moment (I suspect lice in D'Hoffryn but its a precaution anyway) but when they are "clear" I will be making them a C&C pen. Currently they are in the 120 cm cage that they lived in at school.

They have also been on a museli diet so I have to transition them over but I dont want to make too many changes at once and stress them out.
Here is Lorne:
16709387775_e23fda90b7.jpg

D'Hoffryn
16709388235_b842da217c.jpg

and both on arrival, check out D'Hoffryn's crazy hair!:
16709387225_bfc28f9019.jpg

Oh they are lovely.

The aby (sorry can't spell the name) does look a grumpy character with those narrowed eyes :)) What a cutie!

I love the little smile on the first piggie at the bowl. Both cuties!

I'm sure they are relieved to be in a more stable home than a school.

Yeah, the ginger pig is very very lovely, he is the perfect guinea pig, a child's dream really. I'm sure he will be a favourite with my children. The abby is really stroppy ;) He hates me now because I had to bathe him and cut his nails. I'm hoping that with a more peaceful environment he will come around!

Oh my, aren't they gorgeous! Look a the fuzz on D'Hoffryn and little Lorne's white hat! :drool: Love the names too, i'm also a Buffy and Angel fan :) They are beautiful!

Oh my gosh they are lovely!! So sweet! The ginger one reminds me of my ginger female :) I love them! Hopefully D'Hoffryn will come around :) I'm sure with all the TLC they have from you they will be perfect pigs in no time :) xx

They're going to have a wonderful home with you! They're stunning. Hope they settle in well :)

what gorgeous boys! If its any consolation by youngest aby x tends towards anti social behaviour if she knows that it's something along the lines of vets or nail clipping time lol :)) :)) but other times she can now be very sweet

Thanks everyone. They are super-cute! Lorne is so friendly, he is always up at the bars for a nose rub. D'Hoffryn tried to bite me when I gave him his breakfast ;) naughty abby! Fortunately I am not bothered by bitey pigs, but I can see why he was a bit of a liability in a school!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back