Too hot in my country

Reginart

New Born Pup
Reaction score
In my country, the average temperature is 33 degrees, I keep them in a shaded area outside but they get direct sunlight at 9 am, there is no other better-shaded place in my house and we are not allowed to let them inside and I don't have a fan, so I made an area with my leftover cage grid and connect it to the connector then I and put a fleece on top and I gave them cold vegetables, but I feel for especially baby guinea pigs that they are too hot and they have a possibility to die from heatstroke or the temperature change.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You can freeze some (half filled) bottles then wrap them in a towel or sock and put in the cage with them. Or get one ceramic tiles and put them in with them. It’s really important that you do everything to keep them cool. Could you put up a tarpaulin or something permanent so they’re always in the shade? They really shouldn’t be in direct sunlight.

Have a read of the guide linked below.

Please can you also add your country to your profile.
Hot Weather Management, Heat Strokes and Fly Strike

Reginart

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guniea pig like to put his two front legs inside the waterbowl, does this mean anything?

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I don’t know. You really need to be careful with hot weather and how they can quickly fall ill if they’re not able to cool down. Have a think of the suggestions I’ve given you.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It’s essential they are kept cool - do use the guides that have been linked in for you. They must never be in direct sunlight.
I am concerned though that you say you have a c&c cage in your other threads but that the piggies are outside. C&c cages are not safe or suitable for use outside