• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Took Bailey to the Vet today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since i have had Bailey i had noticed he seems to sneeze and bit and now it has sturned into a cough, he was coughing on Friday and have heard him cough once or twice over the weekend and when i fed him this morning he was coughing :( He doesnt do it all the time so i thought i would take him to the vets to be on the safe side. I decided to try a different Vet to my normal one as they specialize in small animals. The vet i saw actually works at the RSPCA where i got them from and can remember having to vet check all 300 of the piggies :)

The vet said he looked very healthy and is still a little under weight. He is now 880g and when i got him he was 800g so thats about 20g per week which is good. He tried to listen to his chest but Bailey would not stop complaining hehe he tried for 5 minutes. We tried putting him next to Oscar (I took him as well just for company) and every time the vet touched him he told the vet off lol. The vet decided to put him on antibiotics as it may be a slight chest infection. I also asked for some probiotics too. He has to take them for about 8 days but the probiotics for 10 days.

Bailey was such a good little boy when i gave him his medicine and seemed. And within 30 mins he seemed alot happier and was first to food bowl (he has seemed to taken his time the past few days). Fingers crossed this will all clear up in the next 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed! He sounds like a real character!

Good on you for asking for probiotics!

I can remember seeing on here that you should have them. If i hadnt been on this forum i would never of known. Hopefully he wont have any side effects to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back