• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

TOOTH help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was checking Earls and his top teeth have broken off I will take him to the vet. He only as a few MM on the top so I don't think he can eat what should i do? HELP ME This bottom teeth are fine

I don't know what the vet may suggest on that, but feeding your piggie soft foods will be better for now until the teeth grow back.. do you know for definite that he's not eating?

you may even have to syringe-feed for the time being..

Keep us posted!

xx Kelly xx

always always get teeth problems seen by a vet as an emergency I lost lavender last week as you all know and that was teeth problems, I also have over the years lost pigs to heriditary teeth problems so always get them checked out. being as both top teeth have gone he wont be able to cut food with this teeth as obvioulsy he wont be able to close them so as suggested soft food and maybe syringe food isa possiblility but ask the vet, I found Lavvy loved baby veg mixed with critical care was a very popular choice nad the vets said shes got the taste with the vits etc good luck at the vets let us know what happens

Got him booked in for 2pm today he has been able to eat some super guinea that i soak. I feel so bad this has never happen with my other piggs. He does love chewing his bars is that what could of caused it. Oh i dunno.

good luck at the vets later today. one of mine kept chewing at the bars and the only way to stop him was to put him in next doors run with some other males it was a nervy moment but they accepted him and now Harvey does'nt do it anymore, he also found a way to climb the bars to get over he was one determined pig, but ever since he is happy and has'nt done it since so maybe this time he did know better then me, he is now in with Ginger an older piggy and bertie, a year old and peace is blissful lol, apart form finding out why he chews the bars there is'nt much you can do, believe me over the years I have tried all sorts, Alfie even got terrible sores on his lips from doing it and i had to use genetian violet to cure it I had a multi coloured pig for weeks, lol let us know what happens and make sure you ask why it happened,

Re: TOOTH help UPDATE

Back from the vet, I have to take Earl back in 10 days to get is bottom tooth trimmed and to see if there is any placement damages. Got a ml syringes go i can hand feed him. from what the vet said it hopefully that the will grow back straight.

did he say what happened to his teeth? well from someone who has spent 2 weeks syringe feeding last week I know it can be rewarding, despite lavender dying she was never starving which I am grateful for, it takes a lot of responsibility keeping the little fur balls alive but so very rewarding, good luck hope he ticks over with hand feeding until he gets his teeth back, I'm sure he will be fine, its so satisfying seeing them eating knowing you could help them, any problems just ask, I'm sure theres plenty of us who have syringe fed to give you any advice you ask for

Hey says it looks like they just broke off ? I am trying to water down some pellets as we speak. He did medition the S word but hopes it won't come to that.

I fed Dr with a syringe for nearly two months. Try Recovery food (esp for guineas) or, as I have said in other posts, try fruit smoothie. Dr loved that, even though he was dying and I don't think i could have done anything more. Banana and strawberry is best. Just make sure you get something in! Good luck, let us know!

Just thought I would do a mini update on Earl he is eating stocks ok but can't seem to handle leafs. Still having some mass super guinea and love mashed nectarine. This cage mates even want the supar guinea mashed up lol lazy boys.

at least he is eating something, you're half way there,tell the others paws off cheeky monkeys lol

[color]UPDATE N MY BY EA

H wnt to th vt ystray an th vt was totally happy with th rgrowth so happy that h i not n to trim th bottom tth. Gav him a clan bill of halth snt him on his way ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back