• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Transmission Of Fungal Infection To Other Pig And Humans? What To Look For?

LozzyBee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am almost certain Elvis has a fungal infection...however, it is almost certain he is going to be pts Monday (if not before) due to other ongoing issues and the fact that his quality of life has deteriorated.

Because of this, I'm not handling him with gloves as recommended, and won't seperate him from Barlo since this is their last hours/days together.

I'm presuming that if Barlo catches it it will present in the same way, and am going to ask the vet about treating Barlo. Me and my girls have been all over him, we can't not show him love now of all times. Just wondered what I need to look for in us humans?

Laura xx

PS: As a side note, I've read this back and I worry it sounds heartless, I can assure you I have had several bouts of being a weepy wreck and I am going to make an absolute idiot of myself when the day comes. I keep trying not to be sad because he's here now, and I need to be enjoying him now.

Back