Traveling

Madisonmc

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 guinea pigs and I drive 3 hours about twice a month back and forth to visit family and I bring them. Is driving too much bad for their health?
I give them veggies that I rinse off so there’s extra water and give them hay and follow other advice I’ve seen. But they are usually irritated and tired after car rides so I feel bad driving.
I was home last weekend, might go this weekend, then again at the end of the month, but I won’t go this weekend if too many think it’s not good for them. I usually drive down Friday morning then back Tuesday evening.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My two are fine with travelling In the car. It is a necessity to go for dentals about 300 miles away every two months so I just make them as comfortable as possible. Hopefully your piggies will get used to it x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 guinea pigs and I drive 3 hours about twice a month back and forth to visit family and I bring them. Is driving too much bad for their health?
I give them veggies that I rinse off so there’s extra water and give them hay and follow other advice I’ve seen. But they are usually irritated and tired after car rides so I feel bad driving.
I was home last weekend, might go this weekend, then again at the end of the month, but I won’t go this weekend if too many think it’s not good for them. I usually drive down Friday morning then back Tuesday evening.
Hi!

Your piggies will get used to it.

Here are our travelling tips (including for different times of the year/conditions): Travelling with guinea pigs