• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Travelling

beatrizroliveira

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am moving to Portugal from London at the start for next month and really need advice on travelling with my guinea pigs. I really want to be able to bring them with me but don't know enough information on how to make that possible. Any advice will be extremely helpful. thank you

Are you going to be flying, is there a ferry involved at all, or the Channel Tunnel? Because with all of the above you'll need to check out their policies and procedures on travelling with animals. On top of that, it's worth finding out what policies Portugal has for bringing animals into the country, same as with a dog or a cat.

Are you going to be flying, is there a ferry involved at all, or the Channel Tunnel? Because with all of the above you'll need to check out their policies and procedures on travelling with animals. On top of that, it's worth finding out what policies Portugal has for bringing animals into the country, same as with a dog or a cat.

We'd be flying, would they need a pet passport?

We'd be flying, would they need a pet passport?

You'd have to check with the airline you're using, and what Portugal specifically says about bring animals into the country. Obviously needing certain vaccinations won't be an issue but they might require other paperwork.

I am moving to Portugal from London at the start for next month and really need advice on travelling with my guinea pigs. I really want to be able to bring them with me but don't know enough information on how to make that possible. Any advice will be extremely helpful. thank you
Hi! Can you tell me what you had to do when traveling to Portugal? We are considering moving there from Wisconsin and my daughter has two piggies. Thanks!

I would definitely be thinking of contacting relevant authorities as there is so much change (particular with EU law) going on at the moment. I work in the equine/animal industry and there's been lots of confusing changes going on with import and export of animals. Best to check with relevant authorities

Back