• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Treat Ideas And Options Please

Claire5012

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all I'm looking for something to give as a treat and I'm not sure what the best ones out there are so I was wondering what you piggy people have purchased in the past that has gone down well. I'm looking for grain/seed free only. After reading the ingredients of the rosewood hay cookies and liking what I read I purchased a box only to find that they are extremely dusty. They are well received but I won't be buying them again due to the mess and that dust must get up little noses. I wouldn't want to be inhaling that as I'm eating. I'm not going to throw them I will finish them up (I give one every 3-4 weeks) but I thought there must be something else out there that is a better option. What do you buy and how often do u feed them?

As a treat fruit is always an option. For example in the right season I chop up a few strawberries for the girls and they love them. I also give the girls hay cookies from natures own and to avoid the mess of the hay getting everywhere I put it in a low ceramic bowl so the hay bits stay in the bowl.

Hope this is helpful
Lexi

I always give ,dill,coriander, ot parsley.
I always think the pet treats are a total waste of time & money.
But everyone is different.

The grain free rosewood hanging sticks are always a hit in my house, they come in cornflower or dandelion flavours. For handing treats I use oxbow that goes down well as they're grain free too I think. The selective sticks are grain free and loved but sadly the little O shaped ones contain wheat so I don't use them. Such a shame!

Generally I give veggies they love for treats, but for boredom breakers I like to use the readigrass (grass one and oat grass) in an egg box or toilet roll tube with some hay in too. I like the hay cookie things but as you say they're SO messy!

Generally, the treats ours get are dried forages and forage mixes that I buy from Galens Garden, their favourite thing to do is dig out dried nettle and plantain from their hay!

Their fav fruit or herbs and once a week they get a peppermint oxbow treat at weigh in, the hate the weigh box.

Back