• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Treats For Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine114

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have two 8 week old guinea pigs and I'm wanting to do them a small christmas stocking as my son will be sad if they are left out.

I want to buy them some little treats which they could have occasionally, they already have meadow hay, varied veg twice a day and oxbow cavy performance pellets, but I'd like to get them something as a treat for Xmas.

I've already got a woodlands roll and carrot thing for them, and was looking on Amazon and there are lots of rosewood stuff - is that any good? I'd like to get natural treats so would appreciate any recommendations.

You could buy a bag of a different type of hay like Timothy hay? or you get bags of 'herby harvest' which contain a mix of like hay and dandelion. I have bought my girls a bag of it as part of their Christmas :)

You could also get something for them to chew. Mine have a rush ball I think it's called and a carrot made out of wood/sticks which they enjoy chewing and throwing round and it wasn't expensive

That sounds good, they do love their hay! They like readigrass too which they have a couple of times a week. Where do you get the herby harvest?

I could imagine they would like throwing stuff about! They've got a willow ball that they are just getting the hang of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back