• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tribe cage makeover/extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been preparing for a cage makeover and extension.

The first step was a good old carpet clean, while the Tribe went into exile under the kitchen table. It is amazing how big our living room suddenly was...
a956a328.jpg

cc49f885.jpg

This week, I did the extension proper once the new correx had finally turned up. The setup is not radically different; the cage is now a double 2x5 grid with the Trio living on the top floor. The pen in front of the cage has now got a single big sheet of correx underlay to better protect the carpet and the new hay tray in the tv cabinet (which was previously a cheap offcut that just about fit) has a higher back and sides, as well as a second sheet of correx inserted in the bottom for extra stability during cleaning.

Here is the whole setup, including the easy to assemble temporary holiday/introduction/hospital pen in the front.
9662801c.jpg

The cage pen with the big hay tray at the back:
cb806b0d.jpg

Which was an immediate success (if voting with your feet counts)!
c37c7191.jpg

There are some slight technical hitches occasionally...
56a7e966.jpg

Still to do: new bigger mezzanine floors and a frame to lift the upper cage a bit to allow better access to the bottom cage. But for that, I need my OH's help, who has been very busy lately. But we will get there! The new setup works as it is for now.

Great, my pigs have seen this and they've told me they're moving out! They're packing their bindles as we speak! :))

PigAir flights have been wheeked for by the girls............ oh dear total influx :(|):(|)

DING DONG.........oh whee have guests...........whelcome friends........oh whee have bought gifts for our friends (aka nom noms) and placatory gifts for the slaves (aka chokkies and flowers) woooooooo hoooooooooooooooo party time with the Tribe and Trio x)x)x)x) :(|)

PigAir flights have been wheeked for by the girls............ oh dear total influx :(|):(|)

DING DONG.........oh whee have guests...........whelcome friends........oh whee have bought gifts for our friends (aka nom noms) and placatory gifts for the slaves (aka chokkies and flowers) woooooooo hoooooooooooooooo party time with the Tribe and Trio x)x)x)x) :(|)

You've brought your girls up well Glynis, my pigs just packed some excel nuggets and a bit of veg for the journey and off they went!

PigAir flights have been wheeked for by the girls............ oh dear total influx :(|)

DING DONG.........oh whee have guests...........whelcome friends........oh whee have bought gifts for our friends (aka nom noms) and placatory gifts for the slaves (aka chokkies and flowers) woooooooo hoooooooooooooooo party time with the Tribe and Trio x) :(|)

Any guests from Oz would be welcome! :))x) However, I doubt that Nexy and Velvey would like to go back home again after meeting handsome Mr. Terfel! ;)

That's brilliant Wiebke. So nice to see another living room where the humans live with the pigs rather than the other way around.

arr wow

wow thats amzing i would love too have some day. by the way i think i just caught dotty an milly sneaking out, may be they all in it to gether piggy train lol inbreeding

That's great! I see you have a round bay window too rolleyes they are a pain when you have cages aren't they? All that lost space behind :) That's why I made ours a weird shape in the end lol :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back