• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Trixie 150 - Your thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After hearing lots of good stuff on the tinterweb about the Trixie 150 cage I am curious what you all think about the cage and your experiences with it. Not seen any photos of the cage so I was wondering what it looks like. I've heard it's quite hard to find but that it comes with a second level?

Is this the Trixie 150 cage?

http://www.darwinspets.co.uk/small-animals/houses-cages/rabbit-150.html

Seems quite cheap if it is, I'm tempted! drool

Also, out of the Trixie 150 or the Ferplast 160, which is the better cage?

I have never had one so can't offer any real advice, however, the one in the link is a great size. Slightly bigger than 5'x2' - and seems a good price too. It doesn't have a second level though so maybe isn't the Trixie? Not sure.

Found this when I googled the Ferplast 160:
At first glance this looks like the biggest cage available but calling it 160 is a slight exaggeration as it's really only 156cm long. Only fractionally bigger than the Trixie 150.

Anecdotal reports suggest it's just not quite as well put together as the Trixie either. Couple that with the fact I haven't found anyone stocking it in the UK yet and I'd stick with the Trixie for now.

I have this cage for my two - I bought it as they are in the same room that the chinchillas are exercised in and a C&C won't keep an inquisitive chinchilla out.

It's a really good, solid cage that I feel was well worth the money - I got mine from dabners as they were the only people selling it at the time. It's very easy to clean out and provides 2 piggies with a reasonable amount of space.

I use it with just the mesh sides and not the very top (it comes in too parts that fit together) and I've not used the second level as the two girls I had in it originally weren't climbers. I really ought to set it up now as Marmaduke who I got after the sad loss of Amber, is much more energetic. Although it would take some adaptation and make clean outs more difficult.

I honestly can't fault it.

Paula

I have this cage for my two - I bought it as they are in the same room that the chinchillas are exercised in and a C&C won't keep an inquisitive chinchilla out.

It's a really good, solid cage that I feel was well worth the money - I got mine from dabners as they were the only people selling it at the time. It's very easy to clean out and provides 2 piggies with a reasonable amount of space.

I use it with just the mesh sides and not the very top (it comes in too parts that fit together) and I've not used the second level as the two girls I had in it originally weren't climbers. I really ought to set it up now as Marmaduke who I got after the sad loss of Amber, is much more energetic. Although it would take some adaptation and make clean outs more difficult.

I honestly can't fault it.

Paula

I wasn't sure if it had a second level or not, is this just a little shelf or does it come with a ramp etc?

It's a mesh shelf with a ramp - so it would need a little adaptation to make ut safe. There's a post somewhere where someone's done it but I couldn't find it.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back