• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Trouble With Two Boars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has kept piggies for years, had some boars early on, but kept girl piggies for about 20 years. It was my late husbands passion to have a herd of piggies in a huge run. After he died, I started to run the stocks down but it took 8 years, as people kept giving them to me, and I couldn't refuse! But then the run started to leak, so I really did have to stop taking anymore. The last of the girls died in March. But then I looked after my bosses piggies, and was hooked again. I went to a local rescue, who had appealed on local TV. But, I was not shown around, she did not take my details, I could have been anyone! I was twitch about it, as she says on her web site she requires Photo ID for you to be able to adopt. After toffee died, I phoned another rescue, and they said they are always getting reports of similar about that rescue! Apparently, she buys in and breeds that is why she only adopts out boars. She says that's she doesn't want people breeding from rescued females, but, the other rescue seem to think all the females are pregnant!

I has kept piggies for years, had some boars early on, but kept girl piggies for about 20 years. It was my late husbands passion to have a herd of piggies in a huge run. After he died, I started to run the stocks down but it took 8 years, as people kept giving them to me, and I couldn't refuse! But then the run started to leak, so I really did have to stop taking anymore. The last of the girls died in March. But then I looked after my bosses piggies, and was hooked again. I went to a local rescue, who had appealed on local TV. But, I was not shown around, she did not take my details, I could have been anyone! I was twitch about it, as she says on her web site she requires Photo ID for you to be able to adopt. After toffee died, I phoned another rescue, and they said they are always getting reports of similar about that rescue! Apparently, she buys in and breeds that is why she only adopts out boars. She says that's she doesn't want people breeding from rescued females, but, the other rescue seem to think all the females are pregnant!

Nice, that's a cool story, I can totally see how you'd get hooked on them again, especially after having many for a long time, it'd be hard not to. It's a shame that some rescue places aren't up to standards though, it's just not fair on the animals, or the people adopting. But still, it's consolation to your piggies that they found a loving home regardless of the rescue they were in beforehand, so good on you.

In my boys Buddy is the more dom as you can see by the picture LOL but in the first week they did have there few little scuffs no blood though no marks just general pushing around and even now kinder sometimes get angry and semi-attacks i dont know how to explain it but Buddy backs right off, but when I first go down every morning now they're together curled up so i'd give them time unless serious harm comes to them

Thank you all for the replies and advice etc, it's really appreciated. It seems the fighting mentioned in my original post was the 'peak' so to speak as the last few days (touch wood) there's been the usual dominance things going on but no fighting as such, so I am hoping they are beginning to settle down on the biting/fighting thing at least, or it may just be a quiet period before another storm, time will tell!

That is great! I really hope they have sorted out their differences now.

Thank you, me too! There's still a bit of teeth clattering and dominance attempts but at least now I don't have to worry about not watching them constantly, bless them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back