Truffle RIP

Truffle and Coco

Junior Guinea Pig
Joined
Jan 8, 2021
Messages
79
Reaction score
137
Points
275
Location
Newcastle Upon Tyne
My sweet boy Truffle went on to his forever sleep on Friday evening.

He was a senior Guinea Pig, over 6 years old, and he died peacefully in my arms. I take comfort in he didn't suffer and was in the place I would have chosen him to be when he passed.

Perhaps the biggest tribute I can ever pay to him is that I can't imagine ever having another Guinea Pig as there will never be another like him.

Just after he passed I went outside and the sky looked stunning for a few minutes. I've included a picture. I believe this was message that he made it to the Rainbow Bridge okay.

While this hurts like hell, and I miss him so much, I feel lucky to have had such a wonderful friend in my life.
 

Attachments

  • 20260925_185104.webp
    20260925_185104.webp
    106.8 KB · Views: 1
So sorry you had to say goodbye. We can't keep them forever however much we may want to. He had a life full of love and happy todays which is all a piggie wants and needs. Sleep well Truffle.
 
I'm sorry you lost Truffle, sleep well Truffle over at 🌈

I love that you went outside and got such a lovely message from the heavens. To exist alongside the pain at Truffle's loss. Sometime the pain will recede a bit and you will think of all the joy Truffle brought you. Till then may you feel the support of the forum!
 
I’m so sorry Truffle had the call to the bridge.

Popcorn high over there ❤️
 
My sweet boy Truffle went on to his forever sleep on Friday evening.

He was a senior Guinea Pig, over 6 years old, and he died peacefully in my arms. I take comfort in he didn't suffer and was in the place I would have chosen him to be when he passed.

Perhaps the biggest tribute I can ever pay to him is that I can't imagine ever having another Guinea Pig as there will never be another like him.

Just after he passed I went outside and the sky looked stunning for a few minutes. I've included a picture. I believe this was message that he made it to the Rainbow Bridge okay.

While this hurts like hell, and I miss him so much, I feel lucky to have had such a wonderful friend in my life.

BIG HUGS

An arrival at the Bridge worthy of a very special piggy! 🌈

Losing your soul piggy is very tough and totally heart-breaking, even when you know you have given them the happiest of long lives. It is something that may come round in another way, but never again like this... And your own life is never going to be same again, either.

After I lost my own soul piggy, I have taken my piggy journey in a very different direction or two because I knew I would never be able to repeat the same. I have had some wonderful times, though; fulfilling in other ways.

Truffle will however always stay with you in your heart and memories once the big wound in your life has healed over and is no longer painful when you touch it. But you will only lose him if you close your mind and heart to what is in it.

Please be kind with yourself and give yourself space and time to grieve. We are all here for you whenever you need our support.
 
I am sorry to read of your heartbreak. He had a wonderful life with you and chose to leave for the bridge while wrapped in your loving arms. That was truly his last gift to you. Treasured memories will stay in a special place in your heart. Thinking of you :hug:
Enjoy the sweet meadows at the Bridge beautiful boy 🌈
 
Back
Top