• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tubby & Dom Floor Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today I gave my 2 boars Tubby & Dom their first supervised floor time meal together, despite being a short 5 minute floor time, I was actually happy with how it went. I understand I had their favorite veggies in front of them as a distraction and I never gave them a chance to really interact and decide who's boss, but as a starter I feel it was a successful introduction. There was no aggressive or dominating behavior from either of them, once i put Dom back in his cage he was Wheeking & pop-corning away. There's still a long way to go, but maybe one day they'll be good friends.

Sorry no floor time pigtures yet as I had my hands full.

Last edited:
Sounding very positive :) Excellent

Reactions: Moo
Glad to hear that it went well :-) fingers crossed it keeps going that way!

Sounds like good news so far! Fingers crossed it stays that way :)

@Wiebke I've just finished a 2nd bonding session with my boys and I believe there's been a little more progress made.
20150124_194708.jpg
Again the boys had a bowl of food each as a distraction. The boys switched salad bowels once they were half way down for some unknown reason? There was a little butt sniffing from both Tubby & Dom, but no raised hair or rumble strutting and no climbing on one anothers back. Tubby seemed to blow air out his nose on just the one occasion, but nothing came or it, I also had a glove on and a towel on the ready just encase it got heated, but fortunately it never. Dom did make some wheeking noises as he was eating, but they sounded almost submissive as opposed to the excited wheek when his veggies are coming.
20150124_195512.jpg
I'm very proud of my boys and very happy with how it went today, I know there's a long way to go, but I'm taking it one day at a time.
Neighbores!
20150124_203828.jpg
Today I've taken the Correx off the middle divider which meant altering the cage layout, but they still cannot reach one another through the bars as each section is occupied by either a hay rack or straw house. The benefits of this is Dom & Tubby can see and hear one another allot more this way.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back