• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Two Boars And A Sow

Status
Not open for further replies.

FondueKid

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can this work? One of my boys lost his partner and I enquired about a sow, however I didn't hear back and sourced another boar. I have bonded them and they are getting on very well, grooming each other and sleeping snuggled with each other. Now the person with the sow has got back to me saying she is available. I don't think it would work given what I've read, but wanted to check before I say no. Boars are entire, sow is spayed.

To be honest, even though the sow is spayed and not coming into season, trios are the most difficult guinea pig combination to get just right. As your two boys are getting on so fine, I would personally not risk rocking the boat just for the sake of it.

Where are you located? There may be another Forum member in the area that is looking for a suitable companion for a single boar in your wider area.

Those were my thoughts also. I'm near Romford, lady pig is in Bermondsey (London). It would be great if she could go to someone pig savvy :)

Oooo a spayed sow I wonder if my nemmy would like her can I get some of the details to look into it maybe as would love to find a friend for my bereaved little man?

I have PMed FondueKid, as I believe I am in contact with the same individual who is offering this sow for adoption - As I also have a bereaved boar, who is too old to be neutered!

However, I do not believe that the advertisement is genuine!

I have PMed FondueKid, as I believe I am in contact with the same individual who is offering this sow for adoption - As I also have a bereaved boar, who is too old to be neutered!

However, I do not believe that the advertisement is genuine!

You are right to be concerned, we too would advise caution. Not going to post link as against forum rules, but Freeadd sites giving away a spayed sow. Think about it.. :no:

Lisa & Ali..

When taking everything into consideration, I have decided that I am not going to pursue this private adoption further!

However, I would urge others to ignore this advert, regardless of how tempting the advertisement may sound, as something is simply not right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back