• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Two weeks in!

They are soooooooooo cute :love:
Time and patience and food are key to winning a piggy’s trust.
The fact that they are taking food from your hand is a very good sign.
It took my Phoebe a long time before she stopped running for cover every time I approached.
The guide @Siikibam has linked for you is very helpful.

Oh my. There should be a cuteness alert on this thread. Your girls are beautiful :luv: .
2 weeks is no time at all in the context of skittish piggies, I’m afraid. There are some “naturals” who arrive in your home, check out the beds, the hay tray, and the pellets, and wheek for your attention from day 1 but those, in my experience, are the exception. Most take a few weeks simply to settle into their new surroundings, and become familiar with your household noises, smells and routine. Others can take months! Boris has been with me since before the start of lockdown, and tbh he still flees at the sound of my voice as I approach the cage :lol!:. But once he’s found a “place of safety” in their cage he is getting better at sticking his head out for a chin scratch or ear rub and actually seems to enjoy it.
The piggy whispering tips are fabulous for helping you to understand your piggies’ reactions to you and how to help them overcome their fears. Ultimately, it just takes time, patience and bribery to win them round.

Thanks for your comments, guys. :luv: I will definitely be reading up on that file!

Just to clarify, I am more than aware that 2 weeks is no time for a guinea-pig to become tame. :D I was asking for any additional advice and tips moving forward. 👍

Gozsh stunning piggies.
As you say you are aware it takes time. . . You doing great so far and the temptation to cuddle your piggies is hard as I nearly on pignap mood :dri:
Hope they settle as I'm sure they will.
All the best. X

Back