• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Types of melon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can piggies have every type of melon that is available (hope thats not a duh question ;)) and do some prefer others more?

Relatively new to giving my lot melon. So far they have had Galia and Cantaloupe - the latter being their favourite.

Was thinking of maybe a change?

I've given mine Honeydew melon this week with no problems and they loved it, skin and all - just gave them a 1 inch square piece each

::) Miine have half a slice each of Honeydew melon now and then as a treat. ::)

Diane

Mine love Galia (especially Riffy and me :))

Honey dew boring - them and me ;D

My boys like them all - skin too!

Haven't tried watermelon yet - anyone had a go? I imagine it might give them a pink chin ;D

Mine have had honeydew, watermelon, canteloupe & galia all with the skin on & all happily munched ;D

Oh yes Duke thinks canteloupe, watermelon and now honeydew are just the ants pants ;D
This has been the main part of his diet since he became really ill. This along with CC has saved him, the water content
is high and with hot weather as well it's been a saviour.

My lot had some Honeydew last night and it went down a treat! :)

Even my cat likes it!?!? 2funny

Watermelon is a fave with my lot. They eat the skin and everything ;D

Haven't tried watermelon cos it's so big and no-one else likes it :) Not sure if I've seen it already sliced?

They do make that. Try Waitrose or Morrisons. Also you can get a ready sliced melon mix.

Cheers. Nearest Morrisons is half hour away - can see Mike tutting at driving all the way there just for melon! ;D

I am just about to try mine on melon will report back in a sec when the verdicts in!

Well there was lots of popcorning and daring each other to eat it, I left them to it and when I came back most of it was gone not sure if they ate it because it was the only option in the bowl at the time. Will try it again next week.

Mine have had honeydew, they all love it. We don't have it that much, maybe once every couple of weeks, and they always get their share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back