• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tyreese And Mr. Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaLovesPiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm finally posting pictures of our lovely pair! We've been blessed with a new friend for Tyreese and he's fitting in beautifully, so I just know he's here to stay!
As I mentioned in the INTRODUCING forum, Mr. Lily just came to us as a rehome as we were looking for a cage mate for Tyreese after Waddles went to Rainbow Bridge on Jan 2nd.
IMG_8914-11901(rev 0).jpg
Isn't he just the sweetest thing ever? Well, maybe next to your own, he's not, haha. But honestly, that little face. He should have been a girl! As I mentioned in the other post, his owners thought he was a girl (for a year!) and hence the name... They just couldn't stop calling him Lily, so Mr. Lily it became!

While looking for a new boar, our only stipulations were that he not be too old (Tyreese will be two in April) and we didn't want our new piggy to be coloured like Waddles - just too hard, we thought.

You can imagine my surprise when the family emailed me a picture of Mr. Lily. "Oh NO!", I cried. "He looks JUST LIKE WADDLES". I couldn't tell how small he was from the picture, and certainly his face wasn't black like Waddles, but the same orange/black stripes were just so familiar!

Here is a picture of Waddles...
IMG_8828-11735(rev 0).jpg
See, how he's striped on his left, solid orange on his right with a black face?
Well, here's a picture of Mr. Lily...
IMG_8907-11894(rev 0).jpg
He's striped on his right, black on his left and an orange face! Almost exactly opposite, and yet so similar!

But how could you not love this? Yes, he reminded me of Waddles, for about 3 minutes, but then he showed us his personality! He's much smaller than Waddles (and smaller than Tyreese, so now Tyreese looks huge!). And, he popcorns! I don't think Waddles' four feet EVER left the ground all at one, haha.
He's also very adventurous and likes to walk about, checking out the new digs. Waddles was lazy from the day we got him. He literally waddled up to the food and then back to his bed. haha (but we loved him so dearly, and we was such a great snuggler).

OK, more pictures.
Here is a close up of Tyreese.
IMG_6888-6987(rev 0).jpg
He has crazy fur - going this way, and that! He's a curly piggy and wears it well... rosettes and all!

And here is another look at Mr. Lily's precious little face. See? Couldn't he be a girl? I hope I don't give him a complex! My kids say he's a "girlfriend" for Waddles, we call him "Lily" for short, and he's just so petite! Tyreese can't even get his big bootie into Mr. Lily's hut (which I think is OK with Mr. Lily!). But, still, look at this sweet, little face!
IMG_8921-11908(rev 0).jpg
Guess I should post a better picture of Tyreese. Poor guy. When I got on this site and Waddles was passing away, my posts were all about poor Waddles. I didn't introduce Tyreese very well...
Here is my muffincake...
IMG_7244(rev 0).jpg IMG_2691-10281(rev 0).jpg
We love our piggies. I'm so thankful we have them. And, this forum is wonderful, too. And, so are you for reading my post. Have a great day!
Thanks for checking our Tyreese and Mr. Lily!

Attachments

• IMG_5534-2188(rev 1).jpg
    IMG_5534-2188(rev 1).jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5625-2273(rev 0).jpg
    IMG_5625-2273(rev 0).jpg
    293 KB · Views: 0
Oh my goodness! They're wonderful! How cuteee! I just want to snuggle them! I hope they both have a healthy and happy life together! :D:D:wub:

Congratulations! What a stunner! Thanks for he updates, please keep us posted :)

I'm finally posting pictures of our lovely pair! We've been blessed with a new friend for Tyreese and he's fitting in beautifully, so I just know he's here to stay!
As I mentioned in the INTRODUCING forum, Mr. Lily just came to us as a rehome as we were looking for a cage mate for Tyreese after Waddles went to Rainbow Bridge on Jan 2nd.
View attachment 21787
Isn't he just the sweetest thing ever? Well, maybe next to your own, he's not, haha. But honestly, that little face. He should have been a girl! As I mentioned in the other post, his owners thought he was a girl (for a year!) and hence the name... They just couldn't stop calling him Lily, so Mr. Lily it became!

While looking for a new boar, our only stipulations were that he not be too old (Tyreese will be two in April) and we didn't want our new piggy to be coloured like Waddles - just too hard, we thought.

You can imagine my surprise when the family emailed me a picture of Mr. Lily. "Oh NO!", I cried. "He looks JUST LIKE WADDLES". I couldn't tell how small he was from the picture, and certainly his face wasn't black like Waddles, but the same orange/black stripes were just so familiar!

Here is a picture of Waddles...
View attachment 21785
See, how he's striped on his left, solid orange on his right with a black face?
Well, here's a picture of Mr. Lily...
View attachment 21786
He's striped on his right, black on his left and an orange face! Almost exactly opposite, and yet so similar!

But how could you not love this? Yes, he reminded me of Waddles, for about 3 minutes, but then he showed us his personality! He's much smaller than Waddles (and smaller than Tyreese, so now Tyreese looks huge!). And, he popcorns! I don't think Waddles' four feet EVER left the ground all at one, haha.
He's also very adventurous and likes to walk about, checking out the new digs. Waddles was lazy from the day we got him. He literally waddled up to the food and then back to his bed. haha (but we loved him so dearly, and we was such a great snuggler).

OK, more pictures.
Here is a close up of Tyreese.
View attachment 21783
He has crazy fur - going this way, and that! He's a curly piggy and wears it well... rosettes and all!

And here is another look at Mr. Lily's precious little face. See? Couldn't he be a girl? I hope I don't give him a complex! My kids say he's a "girlfriend" for Waddles, we call him "Lily" for short, and he's just so petite! Tyreese can't even get his big bootie into Mr. Lily's hut (which I think is OK with Mr. Lily!). But, still, look at this sweet, little face!
View attachment 21788
Guess I should post a better picture of Tyreese. Poor guy. When I got on this site and Waddles was passing away, my posts were all about poor Waddles. I didn't introduce Tyreese very well...
Here is my muffincake...
View attachment 21784 View attachment 21780
We love our piggies. I'm so thankful we have them. And, this forum is wonderful, too. And, so are you for reading my post. Have a great day!
Thanks for checking our Tyreese and Mr. Lily!

Thank you for such a wonderful post. The love and affection you have for your piggies just shines through, they are both gorgeous and the photos are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back