Unexpected loss of Oxford

Olivitree

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My beautiful baby Oxford passed away on Thursday, we have no idea why, she was fine bar what we took her to the vets for, to have her Cystic ovaries checked, we were discussing having them removed as they were becoming more troublesome, got her out of her box when we got home and she was all floppy, rushed her back in, the vet couldn’t work it out either we assumed stress and/or pain and they kept her in to observe and be ready with oxygen and the like if she took a turn for the worse, she was already on pain meds to keep her ovaries comfortable and she was no longer with us 4 hours later. She had never had a problem going to the vet before or having her ovaries felt.
I’m so shocked and confused, apart from a few problems we had dealt with and her ovaries, she was doing well, she was 5, So on the older side, but she was so happy and alert just the day before.

we had her from a baby, my own poor choices buying from a breeder but I dont have regrets saving her from her crummy fate there, she was an excellent pig and so human And pig friendly, real mum pig vibes.

I think we are all in shock here, just don’t understand how with in the space of 5 hours, we went from happy piggy, to gone.
Her boyfriend cinnamon is already missing her dreadfully, he’s lost a lot of the confidence he did have with us, we only got him a short time ago to keep her company and he use it shout every time she was taken away, they were utterly infatuated with each other even if he did frustrate her sometimes with his attention.

Rest peacefully silver girl you’ll always be my baby. You’ll be forever missed.
2E928D49-CCA6-4DBB-A6C8-35729F4C665E.jpeg

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss. I think the ones who slip away with no obvious illness are the hardest to accept. Just know you did the very best for her that you could. Have her the best life that she deserved, likely not something she would have gotten had she stayed at the breeders. And most of all she was loved by Cinnamon and yourselves. Rest well Oxford 💓

JimmythePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your and Cinnamon's loss. You rescued her and gave her a life where she was deeply loved and cared for. I'm sure she is telling all the other pets on the rainbow bridge what a wonderful life she had on earth thanks to you.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so sorry you’ve lost her so suddenly, sending you hugs x
What a beautiful photo of them both enjoying each others company, it’s so sad
Sleep tight little Oxford 🌈

Freya1234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss❤
That is a gorgeous photo of Oxford and Cinnamon

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your sudden and most unexpected loss. Big hugs. Sleep tight sweet Oxford x

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am so sorry, what a horrible shock for you. Sending you and Cinnamon hugs.
Sleep well sweet Oxford.

amy104

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no, I'm devastated for you all. Popcorn free little one.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Massive hugs to you at this very sad time. I am so deeply sorry. She had the most wonderful caring life with you , I hope that can bring you some comfort through the grief, please be gentle with yourself. Massive hugs

sleep well stunning girl

RIP Oxford
x x

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

RIP Oxford. Popcorn free across the rainbow bridge.🌈🐾

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so, so sorry you and Cinnamon have lost your gorgeous girl. I really hope you and your lad are ok. Sleep tight beautiful Oxford xx

amy104

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope Cinnamon is doing ok after the loss x