• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Unusual Wee Wee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraheklas

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have been searching the treads to see if anyone else recently had posted about their boar's willy problems. My little guy, Dudley, has a very unusual looking bum. I believe what I'm looking at is possibly foreskin but I'm not sure. A few months ago, poor Dudley had bumble foot but it did clear up after about 4 months of treatment. At about the same time, I noticed he had a lot of extra skin over his willy. You can clearly see it when he rubs his behind on his fleece bedding and when he lies on his side. It takes a lot of effort but I can get to his willy to clean it.

My question is has anyone had a boar with this condition and does it have a name? It doesn't seem to bother him and the vet didn't seem concerned at all.

Thank you

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Welcome to the forum. Am tagging in some boar owners for you who are on at moment, but you'll find this thread will get answers tomorrow as it is night in UK now.
@helen105281
@lisaali
@shaz_dubz
@Wiebke
@Pebble

Could you add your location to your profile, just helps us tailor any advice to your location

Hi Sarah, Welcome to the forum. Am tagging in some boar owners for you who are on at moment, but you'll find this thread will get answers tomorrow as it is night in UK now.
@helen105281
@lisaali
@shaz_dubz
@Wiebke
@Pebble

Could you add your location to your profile, just helps us tailor any advice to your location

Alright I added my location and a few other pieces of information on my profile. Sorry to wake anyone; I forgot to consider the time difference when I posted the thread!

20150216_003409.jpg Hi, any chance you can post a pic of it to help us see if it looks abnormal?
You'll find that mature boars 'bits' do look a bit weird and they do normally look a bit colliflower-y (like there's too much skin)
So theres a good chance, if it isn't bothering him and the vet wasn't concerned, that it's completely normal- but couldn't say without seeing it.

I'm sorry i don't really know whats going on with that! It does look like there is definitely more skin than normal, certainly none of my boars have ever had quite that much although one i lost recently did have quite alot more than the one i posted does- but it was sort of squished flat and not sticking out like yours does.
All i can really say is, if he isn't bothered by it, to just keep an eye on it and make sure you remove any hay/ bedding that gets stuck around it daily to prevent any irritation to it And keep and eye out for any swelling or changes in general.
Hope someone else has some better advice for you xx

It looks like "cauliflower willy" to me - as long as his actual willy isn't getting stuck out and it's not getting damaged or sore you don't need to worry. Just keep an eye on it and keep cleaning it with warm water and a cotton wool ball/pad to make sure there isn't a build up of nasty gunk and dirt between the folds.

Alright I added my location and a few other pieces of information on my profile. Sorry to wake anyone; I forgot to consider the time difference when I posted the thread!
You didn't wake anyone :) It just means the forum is a little less active UK nighttime. Agree with teabag on possible cauliflower willy, will dig out some links for you

Thanks SB - I can't go googling that at work to find the links! :yikes:

I also agree that it looks like a cauliflower willy, even if it is not as extreme as the one in the picture. They are not quite rare and nothing to worry about.

My old piggy Snowball was a bit like that too. At the time he was kept on shavings (before the days of using fleece) and I had to change him onto baby change mats (they were like puppy pads, but this was about 15 years ago) as shavings kept getting stuck in it. Lol. He lived a long and happy life.

IMG_0145.JPG I found a thread with a piggy that looks exactly like Dudley. I've done so many searches trying to figure out what's going on. Thank you all so much! It's very comforting to know that this isn't uncommon and that he can live a full, happy life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back