• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update on 3 Boars

Hobbits

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi folks, I joined the forum earlier this year, unfortunately to seek advice on our 3 young boars who were fighting, and got amazing advice and support. I just wanted to give an update on how they're doing.
Long story short, Pippin, Merry and Frodo were bought from P@H at around 8/9 weeks back in January, and we were too naive to realise that 3 boys together more often than not doesn't work out. We separated Frodo from Pippin and Merry and for a while he was in his own enclosure but separately located from the others by about a couple of feet. We knew this wasn't an ideal situation but at the time hadn't worked out how to arrange their enclosures to be closer together.
After a wee while we manage to rearrangeIMG_20200630_201237.jpg the furniture in in our dining room and now all 3 boys are in adjacent 3x4 c&c cages - Pippin and Merry in one, with Frodo next door, and it's working out great! Frodo's cage is slightly lower due to the height of the two tables, but when he sits in his cuddle cup it's like he's sitting in his throne looking over to the other. Here's a wee pic taken while waiting on their supper ❤

Such beauties all three of them! I’m glad you managed to rearrange.

Oh I’m so glad it’s all worked out for these handsome boys, how lovely 😊

Thanks, we do love them very much. There's always been that pang of guilt that Frodo ended up alone, and that he wasn't as close to the others but they all seem very happy with their new layout. As lockdown eases we're hoping to get in touch with our local rescue to see if we can find him a friend - a Sam or a Gandalf.

Thanks, we do love them very much. There's always been that pang of guilt that Frodo ended up alone, and that he wasn't as close to the others but they all seem very happy with their new layout. As lockdown eases we're hoping to get in touch with our local rescue to see if we can find him a friend - a Sam or a Gandalf.
Please don’t feel guilty. You were put in a situation you shouldn’t have been in. But you did the best for those boys. And he’s not alone, he’s got neighbours ☺️

Yes don’t feel guilty, you’ve put them and there needs first, they are all happy and settled x

Back