• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Update on Babs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, thought i'd update you on Babs' progress.

Took her to the vet a couple of week's ago about the squeaking when weeing and mentioned the blood I had seen in her urine (although that had seemed to disappear). He tested her urine and found that there was still blood in her urine so he prescribed Baytril - suspecting that she had an infection. But after 10 days on that she went back but still blood in wee. He is booking her in for an x-ray (without anaesthetic) next Tuesday to see if she has developed bladder stones. She had one of these scans before Xmas but it came back clear. Still, I really hope we can get to the bottom of the problem. She often has a wet rear-end now so need to bathe her. They should invent Tena Ladies for piggies ;D

Alex x

yes, me too. Keep us posted. I have heard of guineas having cranberry juice for urinary tract problems (cystitis, stones etc) - worth a try?

Alex, you can now buy sugar free cranberry juice and if you water it down a little it can help loads..

xx Kelly xx

You can also use Cymalon but not sure on the dose. Does anyone else know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back