• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Update On Baby Piggy With A Suspicious Sneeze...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gethenian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nook05.jpg
RIP

An update on this thread: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...ck-what-can-i-do-shes-so-sad-to-watch.126385/

Nook never showed any further signs of illness after I made that post, leaving me to assume her sneezing was due to the plasterer's dust that's getting all over the house right now and must have ended up in my hair.

Sadly, however, Nook died sometime on Sunday night. I found her yesterday when I went to feed her and Kindle. She was lying in her crinkle-tube, looking very much asleep, but her body was very much cold and stiff when I touched her to wake her.

I can find no sign of why she died. She still looked healthy on the outside, just asleep. The last time anyone saw her alive was when my sister gave her and my 8-month-old piggy Kindle some fennel to eat around mid-afternoon on Sunday while I was attending my daughter's First Communion party. My sister reported that at the time, Nook was scurrying around her cage and making squeaking sounds.

All of the fennel was eaten by both Kindle and Nook. Kindle remains in good health and just spent all night in the livingroom with me and my best friend watching movies.

Nook has been appropriately buried under some discarded pavestones which I had painted literary puns onto and set up as "gravestones" this past Halloween, but now have their painted sides down and make a little path around the base of a magnolia tree that is haunted by my grandfather's ghost.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am ever so sorry. Young guinea pigs are still quite fragile and can go downhill within hours. Piggies can die out of the blue from heart attacks, stroke etc. at nay time of their life.

RIP Nook - what a bummer for you and Kindle! :(

You are welcome to post a tribute for her in our Rainbow Bridge section if or whenever it feels right for you.

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwww... I'm really sorry for your loss! Unfortunately pigs can develop severe illnesses quickly and may not show many signs beforehand. And very young pigs may not have the internal resources to fight things off. ((HUGS)) to you. RIP little Nook!

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm really sorry, What a horrible shock. Sleep tight little Nook.

Status
Not open for further replies.