• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update on Earl

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
It’s been a very tough few weeks for Earl. After suffering a seizure, about 10 days ago, his mobility declined rapidly. He completely lost the use of his front left leg and the other legs became very weak. I came very close to having him put to sleep, on a few occasions, but after discussion with Simon, we agreed to give him a bit longer. I’ve been massaging Earl’s legs and encouraging him to move and whilst he’s far from being back to normal, he’s making significant progress. He can now scratch, whereas a few days ago he would’ve toppled over, if he tried. In this video he does fall, but he gets himself back up and doesn’t let it deter him.

He’s a very determined little man, who I feel is still enjoying life! 💙

Oh poor little Earl, what a hard time he’s been having, I’m so glad he’s doing so much better now. There’s definitely some power in that back left leg with that good old scratch! Hope he keeps on improving and gets all his strength back ❤️:hug:xx

Oh poor little Earl, what a hard time he’s been having, I’m so glad he’s doing so much better now. There’s definitely some power in that back left leg with that good old scratch! Hope he keeps on improving and gets all his strength back ❤️:hug:xx
I love the fact his front left leg supports him while he scratches. It was completely useless and just lay under his body, a few days ago.

Sorry to hear that Earl has not been doing well. Sending healing vibes from me and the piggies. Hope that he continues on the road to a full recovery. ❤️

Aw there is definitely improvement there, come on Earl you can do it, you are a determined little fighter 💙

His body has been so twisted, so it is lovely seeing him holding it in a much more normal position. It's so horrible when he falls, but he is doing it less and less now and he can usually get back up. A few days ago he couldn't recover, when he fell and I worried about him when I wasn't here.

Hello
Oh wow well done and yes it’s hard to see him struggle but he’s doing really well
Earl you keep getting stronger little guy
x

Hi Debbie @furryfriends (TEAS), hope you’re ok. I’ve been thinking of little Earl and wondering how he’s doing now? (Sorry if you’ve updated on Facebook but not on there!) Hope he’s been getting stronger and stronger and feeling much better now ❤️ xx

Sorry I haven't updated, but wanted to do a proper tribute to the little guy. Sadly, Earl was helped over the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago, after having another bad seizure, that pretty much took away all use of his legs. He deteriorated so quickly. I then had Beans very poorly, and I had to concentrate on her and after losing Beans, I have had to try and catch up with all the coursework that is now due in. I didn't want to just put a few lines, but to do a proper tribute to him. Hopefully I can do that next week, at some point.

Oh I’m so sorry Debbie (and to bother you asking too), so sad for you he had to be helped to the Bridge, have been thinking of him and rooting for him a lot, so sorry and sad it was his time :( He couldn’t have been with a better amazing mum who did absolutely everything to help him, sending huge hugs from us all. What a tough time for you recently, will be thinking of you, me, Daisy and the pigs all send lots of love xx

Sorry you've had such a rough time. Any piggy lucky enough to come into your care is certainly blessed. Though I can only imagine what a toll it takes on your heart. Hugs

So sorry to hear about Earl 🌈 enjoy the bridge gorgeous boy.

You're really having the worst time Debbie. Wish there was more I could do to help!

Sending lots of love 💕

You made his time on earth very special with so much love and care. He will have taken that love with him as he crossed the bridge. My heart goes out to you at this sad time. Take care of yourself and sending you hugs :hug:

Back