• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update on Finley pig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness there is pigtures drool drool drool

Finley is just so gorgeous x) drool just utterly beautiful and he, mable and dottie look so fabulous together. :)) x)

Oh wow the bonding has been so successful! I cannot believe there was no teeth chattering. How wonderful to see Finlay and Mabel all cosy together. That happened so quickly. He is so handsome with his flowing locks. Dottie and Mabel are beautiful girls. x)

Finley is gorgeous x) Thanks for pigtures! The picture of him and Mabel is so cute, it makes your heart melt!

They've all been back in the cage for the past half an hour...they were fairly quiet but now there is some teeth chattering between Mabel and Finley, Dottie is just staying out of the way. They're ok for the minute but i'm keeping a very close eye on them.

It has taken me hours to restore some peace in my flat! Thank goodness my OH is away as the pigs had completely taken over! Luckily we have wooden floors so i've been able to wash everything down, as i think there have been a fair few squirts of pee going everywhere, including the front door! :x

Uh oh! Latest update - Mabel has gone mad :(

The teeth chattering got really loud and Mabel lunged for Finley twice - one time having a big bit of his hair in her mouth :0 he got aggressive back at her and i've had to split. I tried to sit it out but she just went straight back for him, she's puffed herself up and i'm sure i heard a hiss from one of them. She's very wound up, still puffed up and rumbling if i touch her!

Advice please guys! This is completely different behaviour from earlier, is it because i put them in the cage? I'm not happy about putting Finley back as Mabel seems extremely agitated. Shall i leave it for now and then try again tomorrow on neutral ground? It was too good to be true!

ps, everything in the cage was new and i scrubbed it all before i put them in, it's all re-arranged in a different way with two of everything.

Ok, the video and the pigtures have had me oooohh-ing and aaaahhhh-ing for ages, I especially loved the Finley Flick ( in the video when he shook his hair at the girls :(|))

Just fabulous up until the point I read that there had been a fall out :(

How is everyone now?

I bet your nerves are torn to pieces arent they? :(

Ok, the video and the pigtures have had me oooohh-ing and aaaahhhh-ing for ages, I especially loved the Finley Flick ( in the video when he shook his hair at the girls :(|))

Just fabulous up until the point I read that there had been a fall out :(

How is everyone now?

I bet your nerves are torn to pieces arent they? :(

I know! I was anxious when i put them all in the cage, i knew that was the next step to get over! My nerves are torn to pieces indeed - i don't want to see any piggies get hurt and it's really hard to sit and watch and not intervene! I just wanted to pick them up but when she lunged for him again i couldn't handle it, especially when i saw the tuft of fur in her mouth! :{ I think she'd just had enough and having him in her cage was the last straw!

All is not lost though, i have a good sized cage for Finley and there is no rush. It was very positive on neutral ground - as you saw they were grooming each other...Dottie and Finley are currently wheeking to each other through the bars at the moment and Mabel is just coming over to look...wonder why it got aggressive so quickly...

Some pigtures before it went hairy!

Tucking into a grassy log:
VTwVr.jpg

Dottie was warn out bless her, even when Mabel and Finley were at each other she just chilled out rolleyes
sSdPj.jpg

The famous chicken legs!
rsNjy.jpg

So sorry it's got a little scary and difficult, We have no experience of bonding. but hoping that someone can advise and that happiness is restored to your piggie household. I'd be in pieces watching it! I bet you had your heart in your mouth, you are very brave!

Thanks for the chicken leg picture, I always love seeing Dottie' chooken legs! x)

Hope you get the bonding sorted out.

Oh no! Just when it was all going so well. I can not understand it as they were cuddling before. How about trying to introduce them tomorrow? Maybe on your knee or sofa?

So sorry it's got a little scary and difficult, We have no experience of bonding. but hoping that someone can advise and that happiness is restored to your piggie household. I'd be in pieces watching it! I bet you had your heart in your mouth, you are very brave!

Thanks for the chicken leg picture, I always love seeing Dottie' chooken legs! x)

Hope you get the bonding sorted out.

Thanks Sport Billy! Dottie has been oblivious to it all really! I don't think there would be a problem if it were just her and Finley. I started a new thread in the behaviour section for advice which has been great so i'm just following that for now and we'll see how it goes rolleyes

Oh no! Just when it was all going so well. I can not understand it as they were cuddling before. How about trying to introduce them tomorrow? Maybe on your knee or sofa?

I know! It was very strange how they just both changed their minds! I started a new thread in the behaviour section and have had some brilliant advice which i'm following...now i just have to wait and see what happens and hope that i can make it work in the long run. Thanks for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back