• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update on Lulu's babies born 26.03.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
All pups are up and walking around, they squeak so quietly! They are gorgeous little things.

Their weights are all down this morning but I presume this is ok, the smallest one has dipped to 59g but I haven't seen them feeding from mum yet, maybe they did during the night though. I sit with their cage beside me so have the door open all day so I can watch mum and babies, Lulu is used to having the cage door open though as I did it before the babies were born, it allows more interaction and she comes over to me to be petted.

Do I need to offer the babies any milk? I bought some goats milk yesterday in preparation for needing to spoon feed any of them!

Should I be feeding mum anything special, I am giving her alfalfa hay, (supplier has run out but more due wednesday so they are going to call me when it's in) and her usual veg of pea pods, broccoli, curly kale, spring greens.

Thanks in advance.

PS no sign of Midnight dropping her's yet! Also had to put closer mesh on the outside of the C&C grid as one of the babies got through to the other piggies!

Mandy

Lulusbabies270311005.jpg

Lulusbabies270311005.jpg

Lulusbabies270311004.jpg

Lulusbabies270311002.jpg

Lulusbabies270311001.jpg

Lovely pictures.

Sorry I dont have any advice really. When my Ebony had babies they were feeding straight away. Sounds like you are giving mumpig lots of good things. I would just make sure each of the babies is feeding and pooping (mum might need to help them) and keep an eye on their weights as you already are doing.

Hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon,
x

If you can't see them drinking by now, please check whether mummy's nipples are producing milk if you gently squeeze them.

New born pups squeak quietly over the first few days when they are still very vulnerable to predators.

I would be careful not to feed so much cabbage - that can cause a lot of gas in little tummies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back