• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

update on my boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I added a post last week raising concern about my boys there 3 week old today but were tiny weights when they were born somebody suggested a keep them in longer with mum as there weights were so small weighed them today the smallest samson is now 119g bensons 129g and elliotts 152g i realise there tiny but ive noticed elliott and benson doing the mateing call n elliott was trying to clean his mum down below x:{

please help don't no what to do should i still seperate them from there mum even though there tiny x

Just to check are they eeating solids ok? Both pellets and hay? If they are eating ok and showing that kind of behaviour then best to separate them.

ive seperated them now i feel awful because there crying for her and shes looking for them xx

They are VERY small to separate - boys do "practise" before they can do real damage; you might perhaps still give them dried bread cubes soaked in full fat goats milk to help them put on weight.

Please continue weighing them daily until they are at least 250g/9oz in weight and doing fine.

ok will continue to give them the bread and goats milk i feel really bad seperateing them but i don't want to risk chloe getting pregnant again especially with her own son ive put chloe in with my 2 girls so shes not on her own just feel horrible seperating them xx

i am still weighing daily and there gaining more and more each day there amazing love them to bits xx

no but i will get 1 today got to get some more hay for them so will get one of them x

elliotts gained 11g bensons gained 14g and samsons gained 6g in a day x

Aww, I can't offer any advice as I rely on the lovely girls on here for advice as I'm pretty new to piggies. But, that is good news that they are gaining weight steadily and I hope they continue to. Good luck. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back