• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update on Priscilla and Marmaduk

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulag

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Due to my inability to upload photos as I mostly use an iPad I realise that I haven't posted an update on Priscilla and Marmaduke.

Priscilla was one of two older girls I adopted via Walsall RSPCA last year, sadly she lost her friend Amber late last year and I took Marmaduke a neutered boar from Walsall to keep her company.

They get on like a house on fire - Priscilla must be the world's most laid back guinea pig - I'm afraid she's been nicknamed Mrs Rug after her wonderful rug impression. I get them out for floor time and she will just sit there and munch hay in one place for half an hour while he runs laps.

He was so sweet when I introduced them - he had probably been on his own most of his life as he was neutered at the rescue. Honestly he got so excited and was popcorning so much I though he might go into a fit. She soon sorted who was boss by kicking him on the nose a few times when he got fresh and they get on really well. He's gained a little weight since I got him (ok about 500g) so I make sure he gets plenty of floor time. He's a seriously chunky boar but he can get a real clip on around the rodent room floor.

He may be getting a couple of extra girlfriends soon once I am sure the new OAPs don't have a skin condition - provided they all get on.

Sorry can only upload to Flickr so photo here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24044514@N02/5518044491/in/photostream/

Not a great one but it shows their essential piggyness. They don't generally have salad leaves it was just to get Marmaduke to sit still for his photo.

Paula

Thank-you - these two are amazing guinea pigs and I was lucky to get them :)

I always try to take the older rescues as they are difficult to rehome I know - and they can really reward you for the time that you have them.

Paula

Is Marmaduk the big chunky boar from Walsall RSPCA?

Sorry I've just checked the link you attached, he is! I love that piggy, he is so handsome :(|)

He is gorgeous - took a little while to come out of his shell but now he is a real friendly, chunky fella. I just love the way he runs laps when out.

Normally I would have looked for an older piggy as I like to take the ones that are difficult to home and i was still too upset over Amber to even want another pet. But Prissy was just so wretched on her own when I saw that he was available locally I offered him a home. They're sitting in a box contentedly munching away whilst I type this as hubby is doing a clean out.

Paula

That's really good to hear about, thank you for the update. This has really made me smile, him doing laps and her Mrs Rug!

Thanks for the update! I am glad that things have worked out so well! They make a lovely pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back