• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Upgrading Cage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

babystray

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all

I have had my 2 lovely guinea pigs for a week now, and after musing around the forum have come to the conclusion the advice i was originally given on the size of my cage, is wrong (pet store), and is too small! It is a double tier 100 x 50cm cage. At the moment they are 13 ish weeks old and am now quite keen on getting them into a bigger C&C cage (once ordered and built)

My query is, is it too soon to move them to a new cage as they have only been in it 1 week? I don't want to stress them too much :/

No they will be fine, probably appreciate the extra space.

Zoomies........ Ahoy! Have fun building your new cage C&C's are great cages.

Whatever time you change the cage they will have to get used to it eventually. I say go for it!

They wouldn't h
Hi all

I have had my 2 lovely guinea pigs for a week now, and after musing around the forum have come to the conclusion the advice i was originally given on the size of my cage, is wrong (pet store), and is too small! It is a double tier 100 x 50cm cage. At the moment they are 13 ish weeks old and am now quite keen on getting them into a bigger C&C cage (once ordered and built)

My query is, is it too soon to move them to a new cage as they have only been in it 1 week? I don't want to stress them too much :/
i doubt they would have had enough time to settle into there first cage, so moving them into a new one now shouldn't hurt! That will probably be greatful for the bigger cage :yahoo:

Oh Correx is a nightmare but C&C cages are so much fun when they are finished :)

I got correx from a builders merchants 10 mins down the road from me

The cage was fun to build! Just want my correx now!

I have learnt today that fleece is the devil of all fabric to sew hehee! Have managed to do a cage liner with terry cloth/mattress topper sewn in the middle came out better than I thought lol

So I think you should all issue a warning with C&C cages "HIGHLY ADDICTIVE"

As above, my 2 girls were in a 100 x 50cm 2 tier cage, they were then moved into this...

IMG_1984_zpssc1nuvxd.jpg
IMG_1990_zpsayfscybz.jpg

But silly me could not stop thinking about what I could do to the cage, so it has now transformed into this.........

IMG_2010_zpsfmynfojj.jpg

I dread to think where I will go next with it! Heheheeee

I know the feeling :)
I started off with a two-tier cage (metal mesh but in grid size it would be 4x2 with a 4x1 loft)
Then I built a ramp down to a floor play-pen
Then I removed the cupboard it was on and built downwards, creating two more 4x2 levels, and at the same time had the lower level with access to the play-pen,
then I built a mini-loft above one of the levels, so now it's a five level cage with three 4x2's and two 4x1's and an attached 4x5 play pen! And if I could expand I would!

I love what you've done, it's lovely, lots of things for them to do and loads of space for lapsies :) xx Looks really nice too.

Great set up... I have c&C cage ENVY .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back