Upsizing My Cage - Wondering About The Quality Of These Makes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyface:)

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, now my boys are definitely going to be living in the house I need to think about getting a larger cage as the Skyline Maxi is too small for them as this was a temporary fix and they are chunky boys that need more room!
They do have access to a run during the day in the kitchen but I would love to invest in a larger home for the rest of the time they are 'locked up' :bal::lol!: My shopping list requires its really sturdy, has good access (the Skyline access is great and the base cleans well).

I have been having a nosy at some other cage makes at little pet warehouse:
Rabbit 140cm LARGE Indoor Rabbit & Guinea Pig Cage - not sure about the height? my own is this height and two levels at one end don't leave much head height for popcorning!
Paris 150 Indoor Rabbit Cage with Accessories 150cm - probably my favourite at the moment because its deeper but wouldn't totally eat up the kitchen!
Rabbit 160cm LARGE Indoor Rabbit & Guinea Pig Cage - would really have to go to town disguising this one!

I know I am also going to have to fork out more to ship to N Ireland but I want to make sure this cage is going to last.

My Skyline Maxi bars are beginning to show the signs of wear and tear as the grey paint is flaking where the accessories rub it and the boys are chewing this off too - and small patches are showing signs of light rust where the paint has come off.

Any thoughts would be great - not going to get one for a few months as I really want this to be the last big purchase! :lol!:

We are also hoping to adopt a kitten at the end of January so I am going to have to make sure its kitten proof too! :))

any thoughts appreciated :cake:

Don't have any experience of them unfortunately, hopefully someone may. Will keep this bumped up for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back