• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Urgent Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinful Cavys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a male sheltie and he is about 4 months old, I recently noticed he is walking around funny, hoping kind of like a frog, I thought he may have had a sleepy leg, any way its been 3 days now and he is still like it so I decided to shave his leg to check it out and his muscle is swollen and he has bruises, I gently pressed around the areas and he doesn't seem to be in any pain as he didn't make a peep, I gave him a little massage to see if that would help him. I can't afford to go to the vet due to financial hardship and bills coming out of my bum, is there anything I can do to help him. I am doing this on my phone and it won't allow me to put the pics up, if u wanna see pics please don't hesitate to email me [email protected], please any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Lauren

Hi welcome to the forum, please could you update your location as it will help us tailor our advice.

It does sound like he has an injury, maybe a sprain from landing in a strange way but only a vet can diagnose. If you are in the UK some vets allow you to pay in instalments. It sounds to me like he needs an anti-inflammatory.

I'm in Australia, sorry if I am on the wrong forum, I'm a bit worried and only found this one and guinea linx, if u email me I can send u pics of the bruises and I got a little video of him walking well hopping

It would help if you post photos and the video on here then there will be a few of us who can look at it.

I am on my phone and it won't let me, I don't have the URL, I will see if I can do it off my tablet

That does look bruised to me so I really think he needs checking by a vet, is there anyone who can help you with vet fees?

I hqve no one that can help me, and i wont have money till next week,, i was hoping there may be something i can put on it to help, i have massaged it with coconut oil. it wont let me upload the video, is it possible for me to email it to you and u post it up. The video shows how its affecting him walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back