URGENT- What would you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ruby is pregnant as we all know and shes still with her girls they are about 8/9 weeks old, they get along great with Ruby share food no problem no fighting or anything.

Should I take them out now and leave her to give birth or leave them in with her?

I have to decide pretty quick as its clean out night! :)

Suzygpr

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I normally have mums deliver their babies on their own so that they have peace and quite to bond with the babies, BUT as she lives happily with her girls I would leave them all together - as long as mum is happy about it that's all that matters.

Be ready to take the girls out if it proves to be a problem for mum, normally they will be fine with the babies so please don't worry about aggression from them - it is very rare.

Suzy x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
More often than not, other sows will help with the babies. You may need to separate mummy when she is rather with the other sows than looking after her pups or if she gets grumpy and clearly wants to be alone shortly before giving birth.

Best of luck!

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you!

She looks for her girls when they are out for play time so I don't want them away from her, they are great with her and I honestly don't see any problem with them. I sleep in the room she is in and I have a spare cage on hand for the birth incase the girls don't get on with the new borns, I'm so nervous for her:...

Status
Not open for further replies.