• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Uri- survive till i get paid?

Cavy999

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig may have Uri.

I get paid at the end of this month, I used the emergency savings for a new hutch among other things.

It's why I would like to know if she would survive the month, until I get paid?

My guinea pig may have Uri.

I get paid at the end of this month, I used the emergency savings for a new hutch among other things.

It's why I would like to know if she would survive the month, until I get paid?

Hi and welcome!

Please have your piggy seen promptly. URI can be fatal or lead to permanent damage if left untreated. Speak to the clinic about your payment issues upfront. Many UK clinics offer payment plans.
https://www.thhttps://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/getting-started-new-owners-most-helpful-guides.152899/guineapigforum.co.uk/threads/a-guide-to-vets-fees-insurance-and-payment-support.173621/

Please also make sure that the hutch is well insulated and bring any ill piggies indoors. Guinea pigs are not hardy and they really suffer in the cold and wet weather, can die from heat stroke and don't deal well with big temperature swings, whether that is from day to day or between day and night.
Cold Weather Care For Guinea Pigs
Hot Weather Management, Heat Strokes and Fly Strike

Is she an only piggy or does she have a companion? How long have you had her? If the URI is incurring within 2-3 weeks of purchase, you may be able to reclaim any vet cost from the pet shop.
New guinea pigs: Sexing, vet checks&customer rights, URI, ringworm and parasites

Companionship
Arrival in a home from the perspective of pet shop guinea pigs

Sadly if you suspect your guinea pig has an URI they really need ot see a vet right away.
This can be a serious infection and they can go downhill very quickly without proper medical treatment.

Please call your vet and explain the situation.
I am sure if you can offer proof that you have a job they will be happy to work out a payment plan for you.

If your vet doesn’t offer a payment plan, could you borrow the money from family or friends? Your piggy really does need to see a vet sooner rather than later as uri can be fatal if left untreated

Unfortunately, the vet are and only care about the money, I tried the ones in my area.

All the people I know say it's a £35 guinea pig, so instead of spending money on vet, I should just buy a new one.

pet shop won't help.

Are you able to borrow money from a family member or friend? Perhaps don't tell them what you're borrowing it for. And I would speak to the vets again. It's really important that your piggy is seen. There's one in Ewell and another in SW14. Third in NW1. Send an email and follow up with a phone call. Make sure you give what the symptoms are.
Vet Locator

Back