• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Uri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My mums pig is bleeding from the nose, just a little, but for two days we have thought it was his red pepper.

Last night he was really lethargic and interested in his food but not eating much.

Ringing vets when they open at 830, anything think uri?

Thanks

sorry not a clue but I hope he will be ok and you get to the vets quick

Hmm sneezing could of caused a nosebleed but I've never had a piggy have a nosebleed occur from a URI and its a very unusual symptom for a URI.

Could hay have poked up his nose?

omg absolutely devastated, got to the vets, just as we pulled up he started gasping for air.

They tried to resuscitate (?spelling) him but sadly he has left us and gone over to the bridge.

A very very special boy, will be missed HUGELY by the whole family.

Rip Bennibenbo, love you fatty x

I just saw this on your facebook 8... I'm so sorry. How awful. Did they find a cause of the nosebleed?
Hope you're ok love. (((HUGS)))

OMG i'm so sorry to hear :(
RIP Bennibenbo 8...8...8... run free at the bridge, popcorn thru the lush green meadows and munch out on clover and dandelions, you'll be very very sadly missed by your whole family but NEVER EVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ............. :(

I hope they can give you answers xx>>>

They just think it was typical uri symptoms, although not sure about the blood. It was only a little bit.

Just for the record, he hadnt lost an ounce of weight and was a whopping lad, really really sturdy and healthy. He just started being lethargic yesterday tea time and this morning he was gasping for air, really really quick, none of us expected it, which is very naive i guess, but i have never seen it happen so quick.

Guess you live and learn.

Just need to convince her to rescue another baby or two now ;) but we are going through the 'but he was so special' stage, and he was, dont get me wrong, he was fab, he never peed on you, always went in the same place and told you where he wanted to go, he was free range most of the time, he had a wonderful life with my mum & dad, but i will keep trying because in my eyes they are all special, and it isnt replacing its helping another.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back