• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

US & Canada - Ecoli Lettuce alert

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:
I already heard about this. And it's been a while since I've bought Romaine lettuce, as it's the boys' least favorite variety. I mainly rotate between green leaf and red leaf. But thank you.

I was about to make a post of this. My pigs eat Romain and green leaf but now we are going 100% green leaf it would seem.

I bought this romaine lettuce from Costco today for my Finn and Lara. The label clearly said it is from California. I wasn't sure why Costco will sell this TODAY when the news about ECOLI has been out for some time, and I read it is from CA. From what I know, if romaine lettuce is from Arizona or South America, or there is no label where it came from, we shouldn't buy it and eat it.

I am still going to call Costco and ask tomorrow morning. I have other veggies to give to my Finn and Lara.
IMG_4352.jpg

Finn and Lara's dinner usually consist of romaine lettuce but for tonight, they got more cilantro, celery, and baby carrot. I gave them some apple as well since I haven't given them any fruits as treats for the week. It is just better to be cautious than sorry later on.

I did see that... thankfully we have spring mix only right now, no romaine. There have been a lot of E. coli recalls for romaine, I may stop eating it altogether!

My fussy boys won’t eat it, they like the bistro or herb leaf mix thank goodness. Is this lettuce imported into UK, if so do we know which supermarkets sell it?

I never buy romaine lettuce anyway. My lot love a good bistro salad or little gem best.

Hopefully everyone's piggies (and people) stay safe from this and the message gets around!
Does anyone know if this definitely does not involve the UK? Or would it be a case of checking where the product is from?

Back