• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Using A Dog Playpen/create As A Guinea Pig Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Also should i clean the cage 1-2 times a week when should you clip the nails what are all the food piggies can eat

It depends on what bedding you use. If you use fleece (washed three-six times before first use, wash generally without softener and with non bio on thirty usually. Use puppy pads, towels etc under fleece which need replacing/washing every few days depending) you spot clean 2-3 times a day and swap fleece for fresh one every 2-5 days. Woodshavings every once or twice a week, spot clean once a day usually. There are other beddings like vetbed etc too

You should clip the nails before they have the chance to curl. I usually cut whenever I feel the bit after the quick looks a bit longer than usual. It's best to let a vet show you how to cut nails before attempting yourself.

Piggies eat pellets, hay and veg/fruit. Hay is the main part of the diet and must be there at all times as piggies constantly eat hay to keep their system moving and keep weight up etc as they are small and burn fat easier. It's incredibly important.

Veg needs to be fed daily as piggies, like us, cannot produce vitamin c. I'll try to find info on different types to feed, but one food they can't eat iceberg lettuce at all. Coconut is quite high in fat so don't recommend it. Parsley shouldn't be fed too often, once a week at most. Coriander can be fed more, two or so single strands a day I think. Romaine lettuce is ok, I feed it every day to every two days, one leaf to a pig. Kale only once a week. Bell pepper daily, people I've seen prefer red more than greed as I think red is a bit sugary but green can encourage bloat.

I feed half a handful (to each pig) of Burgess Excel Mint everyday. It isn't as important as but is good so good idea to take note of pellet feeding

That looks good how many grids does it have and can i have a picture of your Piggies

That looks good how many grids does it have and can i have a picture of your Piggies
I have 2 girls in mine although they had a fall out so the cage has been seperated but it's still big enough for them both :) it's so easy to extend these cages too it's 14 grids ATM (16 with the dividers) x

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

aww they are so cutie i love photos where guinea pigs are resting or like putting their heads on the grounds is so cute

How much veggies should you feed them like a handle full each or like how much for two piggies

i got a question where can you buy coroplast sheets (correx sheets) as i cant find it anywhere and if i have find it i cant find it big enough for a 3 by 4

You can usually buy a 2mm sheet of coroplast for about £4.50 in Wicks. If it's not shaped right, you could cut it and stick coroplast together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back