• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Using F10 disinfectant

G&C

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi people, I’ve bought some F10 vetinary disinfectant to use when cleaning out the boys hutch. Do I use this every single time or just now and then? Please note I have a wooden hutch not c&c. I’ll obviously be reading the usage instructions when it arrives but wondered if anyone could advise. Thanks in advance.

I always wondered about cleaning hutch made of wood.
I have cages for my Finn and Lara. I wash their cages with soap and water then wipe down with vinegar. So I go through loads of vinegar. My recent trip to Costco looks like this. 5 liter vinegar bottles, rather big bottles.
IMG_4230.JPG

I use F10, and have wooden hutches, however they are lined with lino on the floor and up the sides since they can spray up the wall.

I always wondered about cleaning hutch made of wood.
I have cages for my Finn and Lara. I wash their cages with soap and water then wipe down with vinegar. So I go through loads of vinegar. My recent trip to Costco looks like this. 5 liter vinegar bottles, rather big bottles.
View attachment 96778
Why do you use vinegar?

I use F10 everytime on clean out day. I spray it everywhere then wipe it all down with an old rag. It takes ages but then I know that the hutch is properly clean.:D

Why do you use vinegar?
It kills off bacteria in the fleece bedding where they pee and poo. Also, because vinegar is natural and edible it won't harm the piggies. I soak their fleece bedding so I need to use something safe like vinegar.

It kills off bacteria in the fleece bedding where they pee and poo. Also, because vinegar is natural and edible it won't harm the piggies. I soak their fleece bedding so I need to use something safe like vinegar.
Oh I see, I don’t use fleece (yet). We get dust extracted wood shavings. So once F10 arrives I will use it each time then. I probably should have bought more :hmm:

Back